GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Gave the front sway bar end links a few ugga duggas as I was getting some clunking from up front. Also did a general once over of the front suspension. First track day of the season next Saturday!

View attachment 205628
Don't exceed 2 ugga duggas, per the manufacturer specs.

FB_IMG_1614043109642.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Used it to run errands all day. Bunch of short trips all within 15 minutes of home. Not great for the TDI so usually take the EV. But figured I should do what I can to set readiness after my failed smog test 🤦🏿‍♂️.

I reset the CEL when I got home from the fail. Since then everything is ready except fuel system. No current, permanent or pending DTC's so I think I should be good even if the tester does a sub 3 engine restart again. But I am going to see if he has an issue with me turning it off and back on. In the transition from key off to on the glow plug light always comes on for about half a second. Then I start the engine. I've never gone key off to start in one movement (always off > on > start), in any of my cars, not just the diesel. The car is smart enough to not crank if it needs the glow plugs but I still don't like it.

Anybody got a clue on what's required to set fuel system readiness? From what I've found on Google 2007+ diesels can have no more than 2 monitors in a not ready state so I should be good, but I'm still curious.
IMG_20210307_142414.jpgIMG_20210307_142434.jpgIMG_20210307_142515.jpgIMG_20210307_142423.jpg

My last check engine light was about a month ago, right after I got the car back together after having it torn apart for 5 months. I had just flashed and immediately found an on-ramp to give it the beans. Got the light for Mass or Volume (Airflow too high) or something like that but confirmed with the tuner that it can happen as the ECU adapts. It cleared itself within a day and never came back. I had been driving the car for almost 3 hours that morning with several stops. But it's possible I had the pending DTC and it was (im)perfect timing that it popped up at the smog test.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Ordering new vanity plate. Help me pick.

PCVFAIL
CRNKWLK
LOL TSI
PNTMEBY (“Point Me By”)
NBM GTI (Night blue metallic GTI)
DING39F
1TREFRE
LOL CTR to piss off Honda drivers
CASHBRN
MNY2NZE

I’m just spewing ideas/jokes, want something funny though.

Last edited:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I think CRNKWLK and PCVFAIL are the best IMO.

I always thought “V8 WHO” would be funny... And it would be. Until the boosted V8s show up :ROFLMAO: