GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Seeing times between max effort Is20s on custom tunes Vs ots plain Jane 38s I don’t think the performance jump between the 2 will astound you... now going hybrid with associated fueling, I can say that’s a sureal jump in power-lol

Honestly you should email Sneeky - hes quick to respond and can help steer you...maybe going with a hpfp and full e85 on the Is20 will yield you the results you want...he’s very familiar with both setups so he can give you direct results.
Is the littco version of the IS38 capable of more than the stock version? I can't remember if it is or if it's just got better longevity. Those things are finally back in stock, apparently. I kind of forgot about that option because they were sold out forever. Only about $250 price difference.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is the littco version of the IS38 capable of more than the stock version? I can't remember if it is or if it's just got better longevity. Those things are finally back in stock, apparently. I kind of forgot about that option because they were sold out forever. Only about $250 price difference.
The same but it has better bearings and balancing.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Right. Right.

As of now I'm leaning towards fcp kit, autotech hpfp and sneekytuned map. All in would be ~1600. That's reasonable.
If you're going to use an OEM IS38 I would get it from FCP Euro also. You really won't need the HPFP but if you do get it make sure to tell the tuner.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
If you're going to use an OEM IS38 I would get it from FCP Euro also. You really won't need the HPFP but if you do get it make sure to tell the tuner.
I said "fcp kit", meaning the IS38 and hardware that comes in a bundle from fcp euro.

Also, sneeky offers an e48 ots tune that's not listed on their options, because it needs the hpfp.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So around 10% more where he is now? And the power band shifts to the right. What would be the delta to go to tpc20? $400 or so?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So around 10% more where he is now? And the power band shifts to the right. What would be the delta to go to tpc20? $400 or so?
The TPC20 is now ball bearing and costs $1799 with a used actuator or $100 more for a new actuator.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Anyone here with a stock car and has the Burble option? I've had it on my Stage 1 and I NEVER heard a peep. Not sure if bug or its just that quiet that I cannot hear it from within the car.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Anyone here with a stock car and has the Burble option? I've had it on my Stage 1 and I NEVER heard a peep. Not sure if bug or its just that quiet that I cannot hear it from within the car.
How would you hear it with 2 stock cats, the noise difference from stock to a 5x5" racecat mounted at the turbo is huge under load.

starsmith

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Urano Grey GTI
Hi fellas,

I just flashed EQT Stage 1 93 on my bone stock 2019 DSG Rabbit, running Costco 93 in Illinois. Still waiting for them to reply with the EQT DSG tune so we're running the Cobb Sport+ on the DSG. The car does, indeed, rip on this tune. 3rd gear pulls look fine but in 4th we get some consistent KR in the 3-4 range (see logs below), overall pretty similar to what JJ_MK7 finds.

3rd gear pull 1
3rd gear pull 2
4th gear pull 1
4th gear pull 2

Any thoughts or troubleshooting suggestions are appreciated. We're at 24k mi (90% interstate but lots of canyon sends too), so maybe time for plugs soon? I'll also try Shell 93 in my next tank and see if that helps.
Just wanted to follow up on this after trying a couple things.

First, I first swapped in some NGK RS7's gapped to 0.024". Here's how they compared to the originals:
View attachment 206080
I've never done plugs before so I have no point of reference for how good or bad the old ones may have been. I wanna say maybe the car ran smoother after the swap but it's hard to rule out placebo effect.

I tried some pulls on Mobil 93 on the Stage 1 91 tune (still v2.50) and everything looked great. I then popped the Stage 1 93 tune (also v2.50) back on. The KR numbers were almost exactly the same, so we can rule out both bad plugs and Costco 93 as the issue. Maybe it is just lousy winter blend after all. We'll be running the 91 tune for now...

Attachments

• 1615521541850.png
    1615521541850.png
    2 MB · Views: 88
Last edited: