GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Passat R line or Mk7 GLI DSG

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
The 2019 Passat SE R-line was one of VW's "sleepers". VERY nice car and a great value. I think the MK7 GLI is going to turn out to be one of those too ;).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The GLI AB punches way above its league, the interior is second to none IMO

Absolutely agree about the interior in the new Autobahns. I think it's the perfect blend between the MK7.5 & MK8 interior. If something happened to my GTI and I had to go car shopping, a fully loaded GLI AB would probably be on the short list of cars I'd look at (including another GTI, of course).

1614692687517.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Grey

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That’s what the wife picked, so I just put my deposit on one.

This will be the third new Volkswagen I’ve purchased from Volkswagen South Charlotte since 2011, so if that goes to show anything they’re extremely easy to deal with. I won’t be going there at all. Made the deal over the phone and they’ll drop it off when it’s ready.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
That’s what the wife picked, so I just put my deposit on one.

This will be the third new Volkswagen I’ve purchased from Volkswagen South Charlotte since 2011, so if that goes to show anything they’re extremely easy to deal with. I won’t be going there at all. Made the deal over the phone and they’ll drop it off when it’s ready.

nice. My only regret with VW dealers is continuing to give the dealer local to my parents (Cherry Hill VW in South Jersey) our business as they proved time and again not worthy of it. I like Smith for Service and Alexandria for purchases.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
nice. My only regret with VW dealers is continuing to give the dealer local to my parents (Cherry Hill VW in South Jersey) our business as they proved time and again not worthy of it. I like Smith for Service and Alexandria for purchases.

Preston VW in Boardman, OH is the absolute worst. Between my dad and I we bought three new Tdi there and I’d never spend another cent with them after BS they pulled with us individually and friends on different occasions.

We used to have meets there and a great relationship with the dealership as a whole, until the owners kid Bobby took over and ran things into the ground.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Congrats on the new ride, uh, your WIFE'S new ride. Good call on the color. More and more each day I'm leaning toward the GLI. Gray/Black, AB please.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Congrats on the new ride, uh, your WIFE'S new ride. Good call on the color. More and more each day I'm leaning toward the GLI. Gray/Black, AB please.

Thanks!

Considering all the options vs a GTI or R it’s a pretty sweet deal, I’d definitely say go for it!

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Looks like we'll have some sweet Baun Performance artwork available for the GLI soon ;).

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Congrats!
What's the price, and/or discount on the car, if you don't mind me asking?

I think you have kids....is there enough room in the backseat for minions?

Yeah lol the more I thought about it the GLI is a lot nicer/better built car. I didn’t tell my wife anything about pricing until she drove one and compared it to the Passat.

We have a seven year old and a three year old, who regularly ride around in my GTI. The GLI has a slightly larger rear seat so we’re all good there (good enough anyway). Car seats do take up a ton of room, but now that they’re in a booster and a slim fwd facing it’s not cramped at all. Definitely still something to consider if you have little ones rear facing as that’s tight with me being 6’ 2”.

As for the pricing it negotiated $30,500 OTD. I put 5k down, and 0% for 60 for the remaining balance which is $425 a month.

She called me out on the development work lol, but I assured her I won’t tune the GLI. For now it’s just getting a FMIC, and it there’s enough interested I may consider using it to development a CBE (already have a DP & MP available for GLI).