GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Got my ARM DP and FMIC in:
ARMDP01.jpg
ARM DP2.jpg
FMIC.jpg
ARMFMIC02.jpg

Still waiting on the DP hardware refresh kit and the stock intercooler caps.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Racingline Stud Conversion kit.

Have a feeling they might stick out a bit much for my liking, and will end up in the classifieds here, but we'll see.

1614972629985.png

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0305211300.jpg

New brakes, and new tools for installing said new brakes. $600 so my car will stop. So unfair.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Did you rent the caliper tools or buy them?

Whenever I had to do rear brakes I just went down the street to Advance and borrowed tools. Short trip to spare the added expense.
I just bought them. A giant pair of pliers can always be useful. The press kit was like 21 bucks on Amazon. It's actually worth it to someone as lazy as me to just pay that and have it delivered to my door and not have to drive to a store, fill out the form or whatever and then bring it back. Isn't that sad?

I actually own a set of spring compressors and a 3 jaw puller because I borrowed them from auto zone years ago and was too lazy to bring them back. Lesson learned.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Did you rent the caliper tools or buy them?

Whenever I had to do rear brakes I just went down the street to Advance and borrowed tools. Short trip to spare the added expense.
The kit is $25 on Amazon. Then you have it in your tool box forever.

cb1111

So... I get that the BFI decal on the left is an homage to the Wolfsburg logo, and I can understand the change from a wolf to a... fox, I think? But does anyone know why it has six legs?

Never noticed that before.
They actually stole the AGIP logo - an Italian gasoline company
1615039187335.png

and has nothing to do with VW. Here is a summary of the history of the logo

cb1111

So not necessarily me, but by proxy, and not really my GTI, but car related.

My dad called me today and told me he sold his house, which he had been looking to do. He wanted to move closer to me (and in turn his granddaughter), and my sister.

A little back story. When I was about 2 (over 30 years ago), my dad built a house. My parents for divorced a few years later, he let my mom have the house. She got remarried to a mechanic, who was my stepfather for about 10 years till I was an early teenager, who I now wish I spent more time fixing cars with. Anyway, they got divorced because my mother is unbearable, he bought her out of the house, and I fell out of touch with my stepfather. He went on to open his own mechanic shop, and build a 6 car garage with 2x four post lifts on the property.

At this point if you're still reading, I'm sure you can see where this is going. My father was there having him fix his truck (my father and ex-stepfather remained on good terms, probably bonded over the dislike of my mother), and mentioned he sold his house, and was looking for a new one. Step-dad goes "Want to buy this one? The house you built with your own two hands 35 years ago?"

So come this spring, I'll have access to an actual lift whenever I want it 😁😁
Wait. Your stepdad is Strange Mud?

Remember those pictures with the garage he built.... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
Had an oil change and had the dealer install the Clubsport RSB (5Q0 511 305 BA). Haven't had a chance to test it out much but overall it feels really good so far.

Weird question, when I got home I got under to check it out and was expecting to see a shiny new RSB. Weirdly, the sticker and everything was so torn up it almost looked used. Not that it really matters but does this seem odd to anyone?

IMG_9170-2.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Had an oil change and had the dealer install the Clubsport RSB (5Q0 511 305 BA). Haven't had a chance to test it out much but overall it feels really good so far.

Weird question, when I got home I got under to check it out and was expecting to see a shiny new RSB. Weirdly, the sticker and everything was so torn up it almost looked used. Not that it really matters but does this seem odd to anyone?

View attachment 205505
Do you know the diameter of the bar?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I got a Dragy, but I am holding off on really using it until I get my BFI motor and transmission mounts installed. Have the motor mount and now I am waiting on the transmission mount to ship. It was two weeks a week ago so hopefully it ships sometime soon.

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
IMG_20210308_141300592.jpg