GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Mine arrived stateside early this am and was delivered via FedEx about an hour ago. Definitely wasn’t expecting it that quickly as I only ordered it last weekend.
Just got back from the parts store to rent the pipe cutter so now I’m patiently waiting for the exhaust to cool down so I can install it.
What model year do you have?

Jrb5

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the size and shape of the TCR muffler 1:1 with the 2019 7.5 muffler?

I have a hidden hitch installed and was curious if the TCR muffler would interfere,,

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Is the size and shape of the TCR muffler 1:1 with the 2019 7.5 muffler?

I have a hidden hitch installed and was curious if the TCR muffler would interfere,,
I didn’t do a side by side comparison but yeah it appears to be identical in shape and size, maybe a bit thinner.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Mines in New York en route to me !! After 3 months of waiting it looks like I could be TCRing this weekend!

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Mines in New York en route to me !! After 3 months of waiting it looks like I could be TCRing this weekend!
Nice! I’m so happy I went with it over a full exhaust. It’s exactly what I wanted, slightly louder with no drone and the dsg farts make me giggle.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
What clamp did you buy? I have a 2018 too.
So I wasn’t expecting it to arrive as quickly as it did. I wanted to use an oem clamp, but it arrived earlier than expected so while renting the pipe cutting tool I grabbed one of their 2.5” clamps off the shelf. It’s just a standard 2.5” band clamp that you could buy off Amazon. So far no leaks after 250 miles.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
20210303_190900.jpg
Getting it on tomorrow!

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Found one local to me on Vortex for $250 - BNIB. He ordered it in September, before it showed up decided to trade in his GTI for a Jeep. It showed up in late January.

It's going on next weekend.

Significantly excited.
Wow thats a great deal. It’s still worth it at the ~500 I paid, but nice find!

kotto2

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
So how do you figure out how much shipping is going to be from e-acca? They are currently listing the muffler at $383 but I have no idea how much it will cost in shipping.

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
So how do you figure out how much shipping is going to be from e-acca? They are currently listing the muffler at $383 but I have no idea how much it will cost in shipping.

You have to email them to get a quote. It should be $150 US, which is what I paid about a month ago.