GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Good summer tires handle rain just fine too. All seasons have their place though. Where I live, it rarely snows and for about 1/3 the year it does wacky things like drop below freezing overnight, but get into the 40's or 50's during the day. Summer tires are like roller skate wheels at 25 degrees and winter tires feel sloppy at 50. So I use all seasons as my "winter tires", then go dedicated summer tires from April to November.
Performance winter tires are perfect for that fluctuating temps with little snow and are sooooo much better than all seasons

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have all seasons mounted to my rims because I'm too lazy to maintain a winter set and rest of the year set of wheel.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
FB_IMG_1614954922921.jpg

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Performance winter tires? I don't think so. Going on a limb and guessing you've never tried a set of performance winters...
Yes, there are performance tires in each category and winter ones don't perform as well in warm temps as all seasons, and all seasons don't do as well as summers. At 20 degrees (or really anything below 40) winter performance tires will crush an all season.

You live in Chicago, winter tires are the best option. In the mid atlantic, they're not the right tool for the job

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Performance winters are just winters with a slightly stiffer sidewall. Really decent steering compared to regular winter tires

I’ve owned blizzaks

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Yes, there are performance tires in each category and winter ones don't perform as well in warm temps as all seasons, and all seasons don't do as well as summers. At 20 degrees (or really anything below 40) winter performance tires will crush an all season.

You live in Chicago, winter tires are the best option. In the mid atlantic, they're not the right tool for the job
In spirit of making OT great, let's argue about it for 13 pages 🤷‍♂️

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
No. Your using that word wrong. Sorta
ftfy
Yeah, I wish I had the $2k to shit right now for it. Just hacked up $4k for window treatments for the living room, and I’m trying to convince the minister of finance that a 1275cc motor is in her Mini’s best interest.
Baller
You an't shopped for window treatments recently, huh? $4k barely buys you one step up from an old sheet.
also Baller
I've only seen part of one Mr Depp pirate movie but I laughed at this.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

If you ever get snow or ice, dedicated snow tires are the way to go. Like @Keehs360 I've also owned Blizzaks. They are excellent in the warm weather, just wear out faster. If snow is rare, sure use all seasons. But the snows are not handicapped when the road is dry.