GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Spoiler Extension (Gathering Interest)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Does this wingg extension require removal of the factory spoiler for install? Also, those who used only tape, how is it holding up?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Does this wingg extension require removal of the factory spoiler for install? Also, those who used only tape, how is it holding up?

It does not, you just slap it on there.

It was fairly cold when I installed mine, but I did wash my car and use the supplied alcohol wipes on the stock spoiler where it mounts to right before putting it on. I was worried the cold might effect how the adhesive bonded to the car but it seems fine. I've gone on extended highway drives and taken it up over 100 a few times and it hasn't flinched.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
It does not, you just slap it on there.

It was fairly cold when I installed mine, but I did wash my car and use the supplied alcohol wipes on the stock spoiler where it mounts to right before putting it on. I was worried the cold might effect how the adhesive bonded to the car but it seems fine. I've gone on extended highway drives and taken it up over 100 a few times and it hasn't flinched.
Just like @Ezekiel81923 stated, it does not require the removal of any part of the OEM spoiler :)

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Mine got damaged during shipping... F*** you UPS!! Huge bright red fragile sticker on the box too. Reading comprehension isn’t a requirement for hire I guess.

IMG_5615.jpg

IMG_5614.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Y'all are making me scared, mine is out for delivery now.

@Chet Ubetcha if mishandling by delivery companies is going to be a recurring thing, maybe it's time to look at different packaging options?

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Y'all are making me scared, mine is out for delivery now.

@Chet Ubetcha if mishandling by delivery companies is going to be a recurring thing, maybe it's time to look at different packaging options?
Way ahead of you. I have not been thrilled with UPS and their mishandling of everyone's packages. I've been eating the cost of the replacements thus far.

Package protection/strength will definitely be improving.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Way ahead of you. I have not been thrilled with UPS and their mishandling of everyone's packages. I've been eating the cost of the replacements thus far.

Package protection/strength will definitely be improving.

While I know it would be a delayed reimbursement, do the claims at least look promising? I always assumed any kind of shipping claim, they'd look for any reason to deny it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wish me luck

20210311_153615.jpg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Woooooo! Made it safely!

20210311_154526.jpg

Also, reported to the FBI for counterfeiting money 😂😂

Last edited:

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Posted this in the General Discussions forum but I thought I’d post it in here as well. I bought the mounting hardware, but it’s really solid with just the 3m tape.
Any luck finding someone local to you with a MK7.5 so you can mock up a diffuser? I’d definitely like to hop in that when it happens.
ACD11077-2304-4795-A789-EFDA7424E4C7.jpeg

2DD629F7-332E-42E5-9029-AB9B3AC81D98.jpeg

TheJennyRish

Car(s)
GTI Mk7
Anyone have an idea of shipping cost to Florida? For budgeting purposes, of course. So far my birthday has been kind to me.