GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your sneakers and MK7 and MK7.5

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
🤯 I've only had one pair of Ultraboosts... and as good as they felt under my foot I never enjoyed any walking/running in them. I could never figure it what it was but that makes sense to me. I'm not at all a runner so all the heel drop talk and information never meant anything to me, I figured it was runner nerd stuff, haha.

For running I've always used the New Balance Minimus zero (or low) drop shoes. You can't heel strike but the lightness and lack of excessive cushion under the heel feels really good to me.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
For running I've always used the New Balance Minimus zero (or low) drop shoes. You can't heel strike but the lightness and lack of excessive cushion under the heel feels really good to me.
Those are good ones too. Though eventually I started looking for more cushion everywhere. That forced me to go ASICS

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
🤯 I've only had one pair of Ultraboosts... and as good as they felt under my foot I never enjoyed any walking/running in them. I could never figure it what it was but that makes sense to me. I'm not at all a runner so all the heel drop talk and information never meant anything to me, I figured it was runner nerd stuff, haha.

UB’s definitely require a certain gait pattern. I have 9 pairs.. it’s the only shoe that allowed me to survive 6+ hrs (don’t need an entire day as a pass holder) at Disneyland with all the lines and walking.

No Nike cushion setup is touching boost in terms of comfort imo.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
UB’s definitely require a certain gait pattern. I have 9 pairs.. it’s the only shoe that allowed me to survive 6+ hrs (don’t need an entire day as a pass holder) at Disneyland with all the lines and walking.

No Nike cushion setup is touching boost in terms of comfort imo.
UB's are max impact protection with low return on energy. the return on energy gets even lower as the shoes ages and gets worn. For the Disney 500, nike really has nothing on UB's. Even react cant hold a candle. And i really love react, especially when paired with the zoomX foam in the Pegasus 35's. The pegasus 35's were really really good, especially on return on energy. It just doesnt have the comfort that the ub's have dude. And the UB cages are really good, makes the fit 1 to 1

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Those are good ones too. Though eventually I started looking for more cushion everywhere. That forced me to go ASICS

If I ever want to try some shoes with crazy cushion I'm going to get some Hokas.
Holy crap the amount of cushion Hokas have....I tried a pair before I committed to the 880s.....felt like I was walking in platforms

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Holy crap the amount of cushion Hokas have....I tried a pair before I committed to the 880s.....felt like I was walking in platforms
I think that’s why they’re so popular with folks that have been running forever and amassed a few leg and foot injuries

I never bought because I could never find a place that had them in stock regularly. And when I did find a place, my size was never available

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I think that’s why they’re so popular with folks that have been running forever and amassed a few leg and foot injuries

I never bought because I could never find a place that had them in stock regularly. And when I did find a place, my size was never available
The funny thing is, they actually have more of a drop then my 6mm new balance

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The funny thing is, they actually have more of a drop then my 6mm new balance
That’s wild.

I wouldn’t run in ultraboosts myself. Not enough return on energy for my liking. I like a good 60/40 between impact protection and return on energy. Ultraboosts are about an 80/20. The Boston marathon ultraboosts feel like a 60/40 though. Really nice grip too.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Wife said... “these boys don’t know how to flex, go wash my car and I’ll bust out the heels.”

🤣

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Oh trust me, I get it. I’m into the gun game and know it too well. It’s an unfortunate Teeter totter and it always weighs heavily on the car end for me

I just picked up another surplus weapons locker, don’t feel bad.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Or... we like shoes as much as we like our cars. A picture of Griffey's won't be a flex to anyone who doesn't know about them, just another pair of sneakers, haha. Besides the "bad faith participation" crocs lots of dope shoes posted, from several brands. Plus discussion of different cushion setups, comparisons between old/new tech, evolution of the sneaker game, and experience based recommendations given. This is the Photos/Video/Media sub-forum after all, all of it's a "flex" in a way. Watches and GTI's... dope. Sneakers and GTI's... dope.
Yeah it's just funny to me. Nothing wrong with that. This combination of things just strikes me as particularly random. (I chuckled at the watches thread too)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah it's just funny to me. Nothing wrong with that. This combination of things just strikes me as particularly random. (I chuckled at the watches thread too)
I don’t get the watch thing. But I do get why people collect and are enamored by specific things. Such as watches sneakers legos etc