GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your opinion about wagons?

What is your opinion about wagons (not just VW, but in general)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I don't understand the North American obsession of big bulky SUV's, I love performance wagons and would take one over an SUV all day.

Something I was trying to find back in the day:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I don't understand the North American obsession of big bulky SUV's, I love performance wagons and would take one over an SUV all day.

B/C we don't get large affordable wagons here and if you want a large vehicle to haul around 3 children, what else do you get? I wouldn't trade our Atlas for a wagon for a family vehicle.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Had an Alltrack, was planning to keep it and make it the wife's car after I got my GTI. Her friend convinced her she needed a 3rd row, so we ended up with an Atlas.

Once the Atlas lease is up, the hunt for a 4mo wagon is on.

She wants a lift kit on it, I want to make it a rocket.

That extra 12" of length compared to my GTI is pretty significant.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Depends on the wagon. Buick Regal TourX? Hideous. Audi RS6? Beautiful.

funny enough, I find the RS6 pretty damn ugly. I am even less impressed by the newest Gen A/S/RS7. Can’t stand the rear tail lights.

I’m entered to win an RS6 on Omaze, wish me luck lol. If I get it I’m selling it / taking the cash offer paying off my debts and throwing a DAZA + DQ500 in my Alltrack lol

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

dude a 6MT IS300 wagon has always been one of my favorites of all time. Always wanted one. Yours is AT right? How is the Toyota AT?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
B/C we don't get large affordable wagons here and if you want a large vehicle to haul around 3 children, what else do you get? I wouldn't trade our Atlas for a wagon for a family vehicle.
My main beef with the Atlas is the powertrain options. Does anyone know if VW plans to throw a 3.0T in the Atlas? If they release a 3.0T for the Atlas, I’d buy it real quick. I’m less of a small performance car guy these days, I value overall function and design more.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
ahahhahaha - truth. We have an Atlas as our primary family vehicle b/c as you say, I'm realistic and you can't beat the functionality. But truth be told, once you have your third child, a mini-van beats all.
You're not wrong! Minivans are amazing things that ride so comfortably. I can drive 18 hrs straight in a minivan no issue, and some of them have vacuums and other nifty things built in!

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
My main beef with the Atlas is the powertrain options. Does anyone know if VW plans to throw a 3.0T in the Atlas? If they release a 3.0T for the Atlas, I’d buy it real quick. I’m less of a small performance car guy these days, I value overall function and design more.
Yeah we drove an Atlas and my wife hated it. She said it was way too slow, and part of that is because they don't offer the 2.0 in awd. Then hopped into a Q7 and she was sold. The new one has a turbo 3.0 and it sucks compared to our supercharged 3.0.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Had an Alltrack, was planning to keep it and make it the wife's car after I got my GTI. Her friend convinced her she needed a 3rd row, so we ended up with an Atlas.

Once the Atlas lease is up, the hunt for a 4mo wagon is on.

She wants a lift kit on it, I want to make it a rocket.

That extra 12" of length compared to my GTI is pretty significant.
Similar story, I wanted to get my wife into an Alltrack but she wasn't about that life - she ended up in a Tiguan.