GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Seems like a familiar song with most of the cooler Audi wagons. Spend most of their time in the air being worked on.

Before I pulled the trigger on the GSW I was looking at Older Subaru Outbacks, Not the Impreza but the full long roof. Head gasket issues were kinda meh, but figured I could tackle them myself if needed.
We had an 05 Outback XT Wagon, with....... you guessed it, a manual.

It was a cool wagon, but the Audi was just such a nice package let down by poor quality. I so wanted it to be good, but got a lemon.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Bought used, saved some cash for the mods on the purchase price, so no real warranty to worry about.

Looking IS20 on 91 - Maybe a Flex tune and HPFP upgrade through Reflect. I've got the AQ250 Tranny, and others with the same setup on the forum recommend them for getting around the torque limiter.

Mamma wanted her SEL (for the sport seats) white with Marrakech. Got the last 19 (in that combo) off the line. 😢

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
At least he didn't mail home a jeep in parts.

I sent home a surplus Jeep trailer, my Ducati, 4 Minis worth the parts, and entire GDB 6spd swap for our WRX, 6 sets of mad tyte JDM wheels, a bunch of miscellaneous JDM parts, and a Miata hard top in my household goods 🤣

2005-08 I was slanging JDM parts I was getting from UpGarage/Garage Off, junk yards, and later brokering purchases on Yahoo Auctions.

The ladies at the post office were always shocked with how creative I could get with my box making to keep it under the magical limits to ship APO.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Mamma wanted her SEL (for the sport seats) white with Marrakech. Got the last 19 off the line. 😢
Can't blame you. My S has the base cloth seats and they kinda suck. Manual back adjustment is too low in my opinion, and you can't angle them in upward in the front at all which makes it kinda weird to get a good seat position. I would have assumed a German car brand would have a design for taller people, but it doesn't look like it. Granted most of my issues stem from not having Kessy and having the FOB hanging off the the side of the stem.

I'm tempted to see if I can get a key cut with a wingnut style end so I don't have 3 inches of FOB hitting the top of my knee when I move from gas to brake. Though i'm not sure how the FOB plays into the ignition system. I know non-Kessy still have electronic ignition. You can barely turn the key to activate it, and it'll continue to turn the starter till it kicks over. So maybe it reads for the FOB as well.. which might make it being in my pocket problematic.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Send it slow boat on the Core's dime?

Army, but yeah. We were authorized something like 6000lbs for household goods for my rotation back to CONUS. I was 43lbs over. I’d say 85% of that was car parts.

Wife came back 4mo before I got out to get the household set and find a job to support us. So our stuff was in storage in MN for about 10mo when we closed on our first house.

A good friend had a car option on his orders, so I sold him our Mini and he brought it back to WI. We bought it back from him when we rotated back to the states.