GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dropped part of a zip tie in my gearbox changing shiftknobs

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
i'd rather eat my water bottle than take apart the center console again just to search for a ziptie

Glad I'm not the only person who has nightmares!!....;)....😬

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I thought it was a pretty easy job. Even if you end up dropping screws or something into the shifter area (or zip ties, in this thread's case), you're taking the console out anyways so you'll recover them.

I thought the A pillar removal and dealing with the airbag straps was a lot worse than removing the center console.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I thought the A pillar removal and dealing with the airbag straps was a lot worse than removing the center console.

I'm having nightmares about tackling in full dual channel (front & rear) dash cam install ..been putting it off for the past 5yrs FFS!!....

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I'm having nightmares about tackling in full dual channel (front & rear) dash cam install ..been putting it off for the past 5yrs FFS!!....

I really hated doing the A pillar wiring for the front dash cam so I decided there was no way I was going to do the rear install as well. In my experience headliners don't like to go back in once you remove them. :LOL:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Wiring a front and rear took me like 15 minutes to do both. I didn't remove a single panel except for maybe 1 in the trunk.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Wiring a front and rear took me like 15 minutes to do both. I didn't remove a single panel except for maybe 1 in the trunk.

Yeah doing via the floor sides...having a GSW & planning on doing it in the roof to keep the cables away from the mass of power cables in the lower looms is what I planned on doing...