GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Retrofit ideas

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
According to Kufatec you need to have climatronic for the heater to work, i ordered parts. All of them coming from europe so it may be awhile, but i will keep updating this post some pics of install.

5Q0201449E - Fuel Line Clip
5Q0200059GA - Fuel Lines From Gas Tank to Front of Car
5Q0201607L - Webasto DP42 Fuel Pump
5Q0815005 - Webasto Heater
5Q0819350B - Coolant Lines
Some rubber fuel line
Some crimp fuel hose clamps

221000201600 - Webasto 300mm Stand Pipe (Not sure about this one though, didnt know the diameter of the VW fuel pipes. Probably will change)

Kufatec Harness
Super excited to see how it turns out 👍. I may wait until warmer weather to start it because I’ll have to do the install outside.

Hopefully my stock climatronic will work with it. I saw in my long coding there are two places to specify if you have an auxiliary heater and a parking heater so it looks promising.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Super excited to see how it turns out 👍. I may wait until warmer weather to start it because I’ll have to do the install outside.

Hopefully my stock climatronic will work with it. I saw in my long coding there are two places to specify if you have an auxiliary heater and a parking heater so it looks promising.
I saw a YouTube video of the options in the mib for the auxiliary heater. I did not see a standalone button for it. The guy just hit the setup button on the climatronic.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

Just for shits and giggles i added aux heater in the adaptations in the 5F module. It does add a parking heater button in the car menu. I have the basic climate control.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I would suggest Webasto parking heater, I would kill for that lol. I can barely find any info about it though. It’s probably really expensive too.

Have a couple friends with them. What do you want to know?

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Have a couple friends with them. What do you want to know?
Nice. So they have the VW heater installed? I was mainly talking about compared to other retrofits, there’s very little info about the auxiliary heater. You do have to import several parts from Germany, so it makes sense.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Nice. So they have the VW heater installed? I was mainly talking about compared to other retrofits, there’s very little info about the auxiliary heater. You do have to import several parts from Germany, so it makes sense.

sorry, thought you meant a generic wabesco, not a VW specific unit. sorry for getting your hopes up

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
I treat retrofitting as a hobby, and i am out of ideas. Ive done so far MIB2 Nav, 12 way power seats, ACC, Blind spot, Folding mirrors, Lane assist, AFS Xenons, autodimming mirror, rain light sensor, dynaudio, mk7.5 euro led tail lights. Any ideas would be helpful
You could try
-Electric tailgate
-Tiguan ambient touch lights
-AID (virtual cockpit)

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
sorry, thought you meant a generic wabesco, not a VW specific unit. sorry for getting your hopes up
It’s ok haha, no worries. Any kind of heater is interesting to me given that I have to park outside year round and live in Mass. A generic one would do but the VW one is just really intriguing.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
I just added rear door KESSY to my 7.5. I love it. I recommend it for sure.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
That is great !

quick tip : dont clean your Car with keys in your pocket 😂
I would love kessy, but keys are a tricky subject with volkswagen. cant get a kessy key for my car because it didnt come with kessy. ive seen bundles on ebay with cluster, ecu, bcm, steering lock. kessy key and reader. But there are 700 and thats an expensive gamble for something that may not work

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I would love kessy, but keys are a tricky subject with volkswagen. cant get a kessy key for my car because it didnt come with kessy. ive seen bundles on ebay with cluster, ecu, bcm, steering lock. kessy key and reader. But there are 700 and thats an expensive gamble for something that may not work
From researching a bit on the RossTech forums there hasn't been a successful retrofit so far for various reasons. I was looking into it, for even a partial retrofit to at least add the door lock/unlock capability.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
From researching a bit on the RossTech forums there hasn't been a successful retrofit so far for various reasons. I was looking into it, for even a partial retrofit to at least add the door lock/unlock capability.
Ive seen some too, they all start with new parts or used parts pieced together without a coded key. The cluster bundle ive seen would most likely work as the key is already coded. But a problem arises say if you lose that key. Your screwed. You cant get a key from vw. and i dont think an all keys lost would work either. And the only keys you can get would be clones of the first one. so you cant do personalization.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I treat retrofitting as a hobby, and i am out of ideas. Ive done so far MIB2 Nav, 12 way power seats, ACC, Blind spot, Folding mirrors, Lane assist, AFS Xenons, autodimming mirror, rain light sensor, dynaudio, mk7.5 euro led tail lights. Any ideas would be helpful
Would love to do ACC and lane assist; got a DIY by any chance?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I do not. For ACC i can give you part numbers and the guy who activated mine. ACC all you need is the bumper support, and the radar unit, and a harness. Lane assist is far more involved. Needing a new windshield, rain sensor, rear view mirror, plastic covers, multiple harnessess. And it makes sense todo both, as they compliment each other.