GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best touch up paint for OEM black wheels?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
I tried searching but wasn't able to find any results.

The rabbit edition is my first car with black wheels. I absolutely love them for OEM wheels, but the color is a major PITA. I haven't curbed them, but with the winter weather and road conditions, I've been getting small nicks from debris on the spokes. Today I found one about a good 1.5" in from the edge of the lip.

I've had some luck with small specks and stuff using some old black Harley Davidson touch up paint. I was wondering if there's anything available closer to OEM.

ck23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R (DSG) - Lapiz
I actually have a small bottle of Masters "gloss black" Model Paint for my black Pretoria's. I used it to touch up a small chip from a rock and you can't even tell where it was anymore. Just go easy, take your time and don't use too much, less is more.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
I actually have a small bottle of Masters "gloss black" Model Paint for my black Pretoria's. I used it to touch up a small chip from a rock and you can't even tell where it was anymore. Just go easy, take your time and don't use too much, less is more.
Not a bad idea. I have black Pretorias too, and a bottle of master's gloss black. Might give it a try tomorrow, weather permitting.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Please provide an update if you don't mind. I'd love to have something to repair the terrible job they did on mine.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Worked well for me. Did you end up giving it a shot?
Not yet, we've been having a cold spell recently. I did notice a few more small places where I have nicks from rocks flying up on the road and whatnot, so plenty of places to try when it gets nice out.