GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
VW MK8 Golf GTI ~ Packed with tech and Looks WAY BETTER in Person - YouTube

Looks like there are front control arm covers as well. Anyone have a way to get those part numbers?

I have no idea if that rear subframe cover is new or not.

The lower front arm covers have been discussed in the main aero/skid tray how to guide, with some saying they fit & others saying they don't...we know that VAG altered the metal arm shape when they brought the CS/CCS out & that arm ending up on later GTI/R etc...

Also the short rear axel cover I think has again been mention in the same thread...you might have to go back a few pages...

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
The lower front arm covers have been discussed in the main aero/skid tray how to guide, with some saying they fit & others saying they don't...we know that VAG altered the metal arm shape when they brought the CS/CCS out & that arm ending up on later GTI/R etc...

Also the short rear axel cover I think has again been mention in the same thread...you might have to go back a few pages...
Thanks GolfDave, I'll take a look

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
@golfdave Looks like a shop local to me has started monetizing this mod:
https://wctperformance.ca/vw-oem-mk...pzmWu1yRyeFgQGCOh7gToILMdmSRCvJFxSYUhk4wg32a0

They've even got a link to your post!

Thanks for the heads up...I've had this before with the ESC switch mod (amongst others).

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

$79.99 for the parts???...I'd have thought a "kit" would cost less....

e-acca is selling the covers for $10.50 each...
Search by part number (e-acca.com)

EDIT:- Just looked at todays exchange rate & $79.99 Canadian Dollars = £45.10 UK Pounds Sterling, or $62.80 USA Dollars.....

FURTHER EDIT...they are only including 8 of the plastic rivets which is very cheap...its not as if they are doing the full VW spec which is 4 plastic rivets, 4 metal riv-nuts, 4 bolts with wide washers...

FURTHER EDIT....Cost from my local VW Dealer was £35.18 for the two covers & for 8 plastic rivets when I wrote this thread in June 2020.

Last edited:

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Thanks for the heads up...I've had this before with the ESC switch mod (amongst others).

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

$79.99 for the parts???...I'd have thought a "kit" would cost less....

e-acca is selling the covers for $10.50 each...
Search by part number (e-acca.com)

EDIT:- Just looked at todays exchange rate & $79.99 Canadian Dollars = £45.10 UK Pounds Sterling, or $62.80 USA Dollars.....

Yup.... I can wait to get those in for way cheaper lol

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Wow they even ripped off Reggie Enchilada's pictures. Post #33 It's exactly the same!

& RaySkodaTSI post47...(how do you link the person in ?)

I have contacted them via their website & wrote the following:-

"Regarding your product kit "VW OEM MK8 Rear Suspension aero cover Kit (Fits: MK5/6/7/8 Golf/GTI/R and other MQB Platform)". On that sales page you include as a "Forum Review" a link to the "How to guide" that I wrote on the "GolfMK7" forum. I did not buy that product from you, therefore that "How to Guide" is not a "Forum Review" of the product as purchased from yourselves. I consider this as fraudulent misrepresentation in falsely attributing my name & reputation, to supposedly purchasing products from your company, & writing the technical installation guide for yourselves. Also on your sales page you use five photos from later on in my How to Guide, these posted by other forum members. You do not credit on your website the copyright ownership of these photos to these forum members. Whilst the information is placed freely for people to use to help them with their own modifications, it is NOT for a commercial business to use to pass off as their own, without permission from myself & the photographers. Please remove the photos & link, & use your own photos, reviews, & installation guides."

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I like how they don't even have everything listed correctly. They completely missed the fact that the factory it uses those four bolts and nutserts. They just said screw it and suggested 8 of the plastic pins.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
They removed the photos and link to this post.

I received the following email from them:- "The links and photos are now removed from our website. I do apologize and will advise our webmaster to be more mindful of what to use on the website in the future."

I like how they don't even have everything listed correctly. They completely missed the fact that the factory it uses those four bolts and nutserts. They just said screw it and suggested 8 of the plastic pins.

I noticed that also. I list as per VW (4 plastic pins & 4 metal rivet-nuts with bolts washers)....I then mention in the "EDIT" that another forum member has done 140mph on just the plastic pins & that if you don't have a rivet-nut tool then that may be a suitable option.

What also annoys me it that I only paid £33.46 for the parts (as per VW) from my local VW dealer...& they are charging $79.99 Canadian Dollars which is about £45.10 UK Pounds Sterling!!

I might have to write a disclaimer in all my threads that I am NOT sponsored by, or affiliated with any companies, & if they say otherwise it is fraudulent misrepresentation...

The only "affiliation" I have is with my local VW dealer..Hawco's of Inverness...which I have mentioned before as I buy my parts from them & my cars!

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
I received the following email from them:- "The links and photos are now removed from our website. I do apologize and will advise our webmaster to be more mindful of what to use on the website in the future."

I noticed that also. I list as per VW (4 plastic pins & 4 metal rivet-nuts with bolts washers)....I then mention in the "EDIT" that another forum member has done 140mph on just the plastic pins & that if you don't have a rivet-nut tool then that may be a suitable option.

What also annoys me it that I only paid £33.46 for the parts (as per VW) from my local VW dealer...& they are charging $79.99 Canadian Dollars which is about £45.10 UK Pounds Sterling!!

I might have to write a disclaimer in all my threads that I am NOT sponsored by, or affiliated with any companies, & if they say otherwise it is fraudulent misrepresentation...

The only "affiliation" I have is with my local VW dealer..Hawco's of Inverness...which I have mentioned before as I buy my parts from them & my cars!
They did it with 8 plastic rivets because on another website, a member stated that they got away with it using plastic rivets and then they copied off of him and turned it into a product to sell.

Then the member found out that the others in the thread were being wheeler dealers and were actually friends with a local VW aftermarket parts store and that they took what he shared and made a sellable kit out of it. They also started posting fake reviews in the local Facebook group and having the shop owners friends post good things about it.

Last edited: