GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RGB Ambient Lighting for Mk7 and Mk7.5

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Another update for all y'all following this thread...

I've managed to install all of the lights to my front passenger door. Will do a proper write up tomorrow, but please see the new photos in the shared Google Photos album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gEgn2pJgdd5oFWLn9
Teaser photos for those who haven't visited the album yet:

235EEF48-2183-4F63-828D-3DF5D289E193.jpeg

1B60CBC5-BA14-4537-BCA4-D3DF9D827A45.jpeg

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Wow, looks great!!!!

I so want to get this kit, makes sense to have all colours available rather than just matching the red I already have, but I would really like them to do a copy of the GTI trims with the lights in them. I am positive they will do this after I bought this.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Wow, looks great!!!!

I so want to get this kit, makes sense to have all colours available rather than just matching the red I already have, but I would really like them to do a copy of the GTI trims with the lights in them. I am positive they will do this after I bought this.
Theoretically any trim with a silver strip is fine; it needs to be disassembled anyway.

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
I was talking about the surround you get with the "full" version of the kit. Then I could put my original trims away. I will wait and see.....

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Just for convenience mainly. I've melted plastic doing door work on my other car, but if it has to be done.....

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Yes, pretty much. For me it's matching ones, or I modify mine. Keep up the good work.

The wireless function is working well? That part intrigues me.

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
That's great. I know they have access to a lot of OEM stuff etc, but how amazing they came up with a kit like this, to give the Golf what some of the biggers cars have had for a while, and I think the Mk 8 (vomit) has it now, but that's another story.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Happy to report that after many hours of grinding and gluing... *drumroll please*..... this retrofit is complete!

Today I sorted the remaining three doors, and routed the rear footwell light wiring also.

There's a whole host of new photos that have been added to the shared Google Photos album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gEgn2pJgdd5oFWLn9
I tried to capture everything I possibly could, so there's an awful lot of repeated photos, and they're in no particular order. I'll be writing up the rest of the installation instructions over the next few hours, using a select few of the photos from the album.

Please see the demo videos below (with obligatory rave mode!)