GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I installed a JB4 in my stock automatic 2016 Golf SE 1.8 TSI running 93 octane and got some logs. First run is Map 1, then a bunch of Map 2, second to last is Map 3 and Map 6 is last.

https://datazap.me/u/mattcarr/jb4?log=0&data=1-4

Should I stick with Map 2, 3 or customize Map 6? Thanks for your help.
On the.street, I use map 2 most.of the year and.3 in the winter.

Someone recommended to me the Burger pedal tuner. Bought one used and installed today. It's a.great addition with the JB4 for the street..Doesn't add horsepower but the.throttle.response is much more sensitive, car feels much faster.

ghost101101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf SE 1.8 TSI
On the.street, I use map 2 most.of the year and.3 in the winter.

Someone recommended to me the Burger pedal tuner. Bought one used and installed today. It's a.great addition with the JB4 for the street..Doesn't add horsepower but the.throttle.response is much more sensitive, car feels much faster.
$180 new, I will keep an eye out for a used one. I bought the JB4 with Bluetooth used for $350. That’s why I’m here asking for Map 6 help, haha.

I know the JB4 is the best bang for buck mod. After that a downpipe, turbo and tune. I don’t want to do those big items though. Open to recommendations for small and easy mods that actually do something, thanks.

Oh, I also got the OBDeleven and almost every App.

Last edited:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Here's some different map 6 settings for a stock golf and 93 octane
FB_IMG_1612320096682.jpg

nickbrun

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 IS38 Golf 1.8t
Hey guys, I sold my JB4 to go protuned a while back, unflashed the protune because the burble tune was causing way too many issues. My new jb4 comes tomorrow. I plan to go straight back to my previous map 6 is20 settings but I don't remember what needs to be changed for is20, FOL should be set to what (for aggressive is20map) ? 6cly timing should be set to 1 correct? and n20 TMap should also be set to 1 correct?
Thanks guys, glad to reown a jb4!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys, I sold my JB4 to go protuned a while back, unflashed the protune because the burble tune was causing way too many issues. My new jb4 comes tomorrow. I plan to go straight back to my previous map 6 is20 settings but I don't remember what needs to be changed for is20, FOL should be set to what (for aggressive is20map) ? 6cly timing should be set to 1 correct? and n20 TMap should also be set to 1 correct?
Thanks guys, glad to reown a jb4!
Why not just get rid of the burble? I love the jb4, but it is not as good as a flash. Who was your burble tune from? My current 93 octane flash tune is just as fast as my jb4 e30 map with FOL 100. Depending on what you consider aggressive, the FOL for is20 and downpipe is best at anywhere from 75 up to 100 if you are pushing it all the way on e30. The 6cyl timing goes to 1 to remove the boost limiter and the other should already be set to 1. You shouldn't have to mess with it

nickbrun

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 IS38 Golf 1.8t
Why not just get rid of the burble? I love the jb4, but it is not as good as a flash. Who was your burble tune from? My current 93 octane flash tune is just as fast as my jb4 e30 map with FOL 100. Depending on what you consider aggressive, the FOL for is20 and downpipe is best at anywhere from 75 up to 100 if you are pushing it all the way on e30. The 6cyl timing goes to 1 to remove the boost limiter and the other should already be set to 1. You shouldn't have to mess with it
I def see where your coming from, I personally just prefer JB4, im tiptronic auto and its nice being able to control the low end torque, thanks for the info, FOL 100 is fine? I will be running an e30-e40 map 6 peaking at 26psi. Also is20 + burble was from reflect tuning, no shade to ian, tune was very fast, just too aggressive for my shit transmission.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I def see where your coming from, I personally just prefer JB4, im tiptronic auto and its nice being able to control the low end torque, thanks for the info, FOL 100 is fine? I will be running an e30-e40 map 6 peaking at 26psi. Also is20 + burble was from reflect tuning, no shade to ian, tune was very fast, just too aggressive for my shit transmission.
I'm a fwd automatic sportwagen. I have Ian's is20 tune with the hpfp uograde, ethanol sensor and flex fuel file. I run 30% and stack 4 psi on top of it up to 4,000 with the jb4. I have no issues with the auto at all.
As far as the jb4 alone, I wouldn't run more than 30% ethanol with it. The ecu can't compensate beyond that and you will be getting too lean. You also won't be able to peak at 26 psi either with e30 on stock fueling. I had like a 26.8 target and hit a little over 25 with FOL 100, and trims hit 50-52 and afr went to like 15. I had to keep the peak target around 25. At that I was touching 50 on trims at one spot, but it stayed ok. This was my normal e30 settings on FOL 100 to keep the fueling safe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-204717_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210226-204717_Facebook.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 98

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm a fwd automatic sportwagen. I have Ian's is20 tune with the hpfp uograde, ethanol sensor and flex fuel file. I run 30% and stack 4 psi on top of it up to 4,000 with the jb4. I have no issues with the auto at all.
As far as the jb4 alone, I wouldn't run more than 30% ethanol with it. The ecu can't compensate beyond that and you will be getting too lean. You also won't be able to peak at 26 psi either with e30 on stock fueling. I had like a 26.8 target and hit a little over 25 with FOL 100, and trims hit 50-52 and afr went to like 15. I had to keep the peak target around 25. At that I was touching 50 on trims at one spot, but it stayed ok. This was my normal e30 settings on FOL 100 to keep the fueling safe

I've done the 15s AFR thing myself, but with E25 in the tank, it didn't even knock. Haha.

nickbrun

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 IS38 Golf 1.8t
hmmm I see , do you mix the ethanol with 93? or 91? and yeah makes sense, on map 5 I would peak at 25psi constantly on e30, do you by chance know the boost values for map 5?
Thanks man

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
hmmm I see , do you mix the ethanol with 93? or 91? and yeah makes sense, on map 5 I would peak at 25psi constantly on e30, do you by chance know the boost values for map 5?
Thanks man
You can just log it and it will tell you. Peaking on the gauge is not the same as what it logs as peak. When I was seeing 24+ on a log, my peak on the gauge could be 26-27 sometimes. It will show spikes

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks man

Map 0: This is a stock map with JB4 logging ability. It is also the starter map for cars that are running flash tunes and are stacking the JB4.
Map 1: Tuned map with a average of 4.0psi over stock. This is the shipped map and is compatible for both 91 and 93 and can be used with cars on hardware.
Map 2: Tuned map with 5.0psi peak boost over stock. 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 3 Peak boost 6psi 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 4 Peak boost 6psi (Golf R and Audi S3 7speed DSG specific), it has a taper at higher rpm so will also work well for all on 93 in hot climates
Map 5 Absolute map peaking 25 tapers to 20psi. E30 with bolt ons needed. (not to be used on 1.8T or 2.0T Jetta)
Map 6: User adjustable boost map. The map comes preset with a 5.0psi over stock peak and is ready to use on any car running 93 octane. The preset map is also suitable for manual cars with clutch longevity in mind.
The mapping can be done in two manners. If the value at 1500 is kept below 10 it will work as a boost adder map. If the value at 1500 is higher than 10 it will work as a absolute map. This means actual total boost targets will need to be entered.
Map 7: Meth integration map using our FSB Meth controller
Map 8: This is a valet map/safety map where 50% of the boost is cut. It will give the ability to log the car via the JB4. This is also the safety map, so in any circumstance the JB4 detects a unsafe condition regardless of map it will default to this map. This includes knock detection, lean AFR or the boost safety value being triggered due to lack of boost control.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I remember trying map 5 when it first came out and my map 6 worked better. The 25 to 20 are the targets, not actual. Plus the 1.8 seems to take more top end boost than the 2.0

nickbrun

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 IS38 Golf 1.8t
Thanks for that, got some exhaust work done today and found some fuel in my highflow cat, seems like an injector stuck open, thinking the pops and bangs tune could've be a culprit.