GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R mk.8 worth the six months wait video.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
That R on the back is hideous. It looks like one of those bad decision tramp stamp tattoo's.
lol I thought that was the only angle that looked good of the car.

The front reminds me too much of this:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I would love for them to be like, hey USA, here is Reflex Silver!
I don't want black, don't really want blue, so I guess white is what it would be for me...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
What I really wish they would do is give us a PTS option.
Spektrum was generous, but a full on PTS option offered all the time would be awesome.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
From what I understand is that we (NAR) will be getting a full "Performance Pack" car as our only "option" for an R. That should mean all the goodies the Euro folks have to step up from a "base" R to the PP one for, ie; Drift, Special modes, 19" wheels, larger brakes, Aero spoiler, HK, etc. ROW cars will have a much more ala carte menu for a whole array of options as usual and possibly bundled packages for the more desirable stuff. Watch what Charles says, in particular his discussion with VWoA rep "Megan" to get an idea.

VWoA in their goofy way of thinking with regard to this type of optioning, will more than likely limit the overall choices so the dealers aren't having to spec cars that might sit on the lot because no one wants a car built a certain way. And for a probably 45-48K car, might be a better decision. We still get something the rest of the world doesn't, from what I gather, is the manual trans. Doubt we will get option for the Akropovic exhaust, but then again, no GPF either ;)

Last edited:

H-Bomb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
EVO
From what I understand is that we (NAR) will be getting a full "Performance Pack" car as our only "option" for an R. That should mean all the goodies the Euro folks have to step up from a "base" R to the PP one for, ie; Drift, Special modes, 19" wheels, larger brakes, Aero spoiler, HK, etc.

The more I think about it...the more it makes sense on multiple levels. I will be thrilled if the only non-option is the Akrapovic. I’m so excited for this car and hope I’m not let down.