GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can't wait for the finished product. You are one of the last guys taking your car to this power level. Most everyone else moved on to other cars.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Well, today was the day that I dropped her off to start building the engine. Pictures will be taken, when I get a chance, throughout the process and will be posted up.
I know you probably already bought 82.5mm pistons but make sure they check the cylinders properly and are they honing it for a fresh crosshatch?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I know you probably already bought 82.5mm pistons but make sure they check the cylinders properly and are they honing it for a fresh crosshatch?

But of course they are. My mechanic and his shop is not a backyard mechanic and he's been working on VW/Audi's for over 30 years and is very well respected in the area. The local VW dealerships will send stuff over to his shop if they can't figure it out.

If the cylinders need to be bored out to correct some damage/issues, then I will switch pistons to the 83mm size.

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
Can't wait for the finished product. You are one of the last guys taking your car to this power level. Most everyone else moved on to other cars.
nah, theres still lots of people doing it, its just that the community had sadly moved on from forums (like this and vwvortex) to facebook and instagram. I hate that forums are dying, as social isn;t really isn't easy to search, share, and review information.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
nah, theres still lots of people doing it, its just that the community had sadly moved on from forums (like this and vwvortex) to facebook and instagram. I hate that forums are dying, as social isn;t really isn't easy to search, share, and review information.
No I'm talking about guys in this forum who still check in but got different cars after their +500 HP VW stock block engine blew.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Fuck FB and Instagram. I hate that shit and will never join either one. Besides, from what I've heard, the majority of them on there end up having engine failure down the road.

Who is your mechanic?

Brent Whitehead from Whitehead's Auto Repair in Virginia Beach.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Fuck FB and Instagram. I hate that shit and will never join either one. Besides, from what I've heard, the majority of them on there end up having engine failure down the road.

Brent Whitehead from Whitehead's Auto Repair in Virginia Beach.
Yo, why's he gotta be white? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!