GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Conical black lugs that won't rust?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does anyone have any suggestions for some conical black lugs that won't rust? Stock length. I bought these lugs just 2 weeks ago, which even claim on the page "Durable and Safe: Made of the forged and heat Treated steel, made of SCM435, more corrosion resistance and no rusting even first black layer damaged", however, I'm calling bullshit on that claim.

1614109057675.png

Anybody know of any that won't turn orange the moment they get wet?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I've been down that road spent a load on special coatings & given up....

Its ok if you live where there is no snow....but us who have to put up with grit etc...forget it!

I have basic bolts, but I have Skoda black plastic short covers which are a perfect fit...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've been down that road spent a load on special coatings & given up....

Its ok if you live where there is no snow....but us who have to put up with grit etc...forget it!

I have basic bolts, but I have Skoda black plastic short covers which are a perfect fit...

I have a set of the black VW ones from the stock wheels, I should see if they fit...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I have the standard VW ones which I didn't even think of trying...

View attachment 204130

Those can be a pain as they require the recessed holes drilled in the alloys to be the correct diameter.....my aftermarket alloys were too small by a fraction, causing paint scratching & force...

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The factory caps can be a pain to remove if the top of the bolt head isn't dished like the stock bolts. If its not dished...you won't be able to get the hook through the hole to pull the caps off.

I just get the plastic ones from Amazon. They come with a small plastic tool that grabs the caps from the sides. Its like ~7 for a set.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The factory caps can be a pain to remove if the top of the bolt head isn't dished like the stock bolts. If its not dished...you won't be able to get the hook through the hole to pull the caps off.

I just get the plastic ones from Amazon. They come with a small plastic tool that grabs the caps from the sides. Its like ~7 for a set.

Thought of that too. Got a link to the ones you got?

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
I have basically the same bolts and the coating has come off from removing the wheels so many times. I think I'm going to just paint them and do it again whenever they start to peel. Pain in the ass to keep buying bolts

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have basically the same bolts and the coating has come off from removing the wheels so many times. I think I'm going to just paint them and do it again whenever they start to peel. Pain in the ass to keep buying bolts

Same here. All mine rusted...and I'm in So Cal too...only time car really gets wet is when I wash it. I just ended up getting plastic caps.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Use painted bolts in the summer, non painted in the winter.. Done.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R