GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Mine left Czech Republic from Prague on Jan 30th. No updates since then and USPS informed shows no packages enroute to my house yet :-(

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Mine left Czech Republic from Prague on Jan 30th. No updates since then and USPS informed shows no packages enroute to my house yet :-(

Been seeing some of my shipments from EU being held at the port before scanning longer than pre-COVID. I think they are being extra cautious and all that. It’s the same coming from Asia and AU as well.

I adopted the inshallah approach to my shipments from overseas. I’ll get it when I get it.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
It's mine now sucka

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Just got confirmation that mine is officially shipped. Super pumped to get it put on. Wondering who got it welded on vs just getting a clamp. I'm leaning towards clamp but I'm not 100% yet.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
The VW clamp is great if you have matching sized pipes, it seals very well. Unfortunately I couldn't use it without either expanding the 60mm pipe, 65m reduction wasn't recommended or welding a sleeve over the 60mm and clamping it. In any case, I ended up welding it and the sound has definitely improved.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
The VW clamp is great if you have matching sized pipes, it seals very well. Unfortunately I couldn't use it without either expanding the 60mm pipe, 65m reduction wasn't recommended or welding a sleeve over the 60mm and clamping it. In any case, I ended up welding it and the sound has definitely improved.
I am going to measure the pipes when it gets in and go from there. Probably just get clamp if it matches up. Thanks for the info

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
I guess e-acca has them in stock and on hand. My order from Saturday just shipped out via FedEx this morning, or at least has a label made for it.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
curious where you got the info about it not being recommended to use a 65 > 60mm clamp?

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
curious where you got the info about it not being recommended to use a 65 > 60mm clamp?

No I think I wasn't clear... it wasn't recommended to reduce the pipe diameter on the 65mm side to 60mm. Not that it wasn't recommended to use a reducing clamp.

Separately, I couldn't find a 65mm to 60mm clamp that fit well enough and didn't leak, that's why I went with welding it on. All the other options would just add time/labor. If I had more time, I might have been able to get a good clamp, but I had a leak on my R56 and it drove me nuts every time I had the windows down.

Hope that clears things up.

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I guess e-acca has them in stock and on hand. My order from Saturday just shipped out via FedEx this morning, or at least has a label made for it.
I ordered mine on February 10, it shipped 2 days later, so I guess it's safe to assume that they have some in stock. FedEx's website originally showed a delivery date of February 17, but that didn't happen, unfortunately. The tracking info now shows a pending delivery status. I got updates when the package transited through Poland and Germany, and also when it landed in Memphis TN on February 18. No new updates since.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
No I think I wasn't clear... it wasn't recommended to reduce the pipe diameter on the 65mm side to 60mm. Not that it wasn't recommended to use a reducing clamp.

Separately, I couldn't find a 65mm to 60mm clamp that fit well enough and didn't leak, that's why I went with welding it on. All the other options would just add time/labor. If I had more time, I might have been able to get a good clamp, but I had a leak on my R56 and it drove me nuts every time I had the windows down.

Hope that clears things up.
Ah gotcha. Thanks

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
I ordered mine on February 10, it shipped 2 days later, so I guess it's safe to assume that they have some in stock. FedEx's website originally showed a delivery date of February 17, but that didn't happen, unfortunately. The tracking info now shows a pending delivery status. I got updates when the package transited through Poland and Germany, and also when it landed in Memphis TN on February 18. No new updates since.
I would guess they got snowed in last week. They’re probably playing catch-up after being closed for a few days.