GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock downpipe prices?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I passed PA emissions today, for the 2nd year with the APR downpipe. Both times also with the j spacer.
Still keeping the factory downpipe, in case I sell the car.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I passed PA emissions today, for the 2nd year with the APR downpipe. Both times also with the j spacer.
Still keeping the factory downpipe, in case I sell the car.

Where in PA?

I had problems where I live with my last car. Right or wrong they didn't like that the secondary O2 was my one not-ready monitor. I'm prepared to swap the DP every year but I'd much rather not if I can turn the monitor off (or figure out how to trick it)

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
At the VW dealership in Colmar. All monitors were ready. I re-installed the stock tune with the Cobb Accesport. Last year, I was APR Stage 2 and passed with the tune.
Do you have a spacer for the O2 sensor? If not, you will probably need one to set readiness.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
My stock DP is one OE part that I will not sell. Just about every day...I'll see someone looking for or to "borrow" a stock DP. Lol...with these guys buying up the stock DP's...you can't really find used ones for $200 anymore.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
At the VW dealership in Colmar. All monitors were ready. I re-installed the stock tune with the Cobb Accesport. Last year, I was APR Stage 2 and passed with the tune.
Do you have a spacer for the O2 sensor? If not, you will probably need one to set readiness.

I haven't swapped out the DP or tuned it yet. My inspection is due in June so my plan is to pass and do the swap right after, which will give me a year to sort out the CEL and monitor readiness.

I have several shops nearby I just don't think any are the type to turn a blind eye, even if it looks like I'm trying

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My stock DP is one OE part that I will not sell. Just about every day...I'll see someone looking for or to "borrow" a stock DP. Lol...with these guys buying up the stock DP's...you can't really find used ones for $200 anymore.
Same here I kept my OEM one for emissions testing.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I haven't swapped out the DP or tuned it yet. My inspection is due in June so my plan is to pass and do the swap right after, which will give me a year to sort out the CEL and monitor readiness.

I have several shops nearby I just don't think any are the type to turn a blind eye, even if it looks like I'm trying
There is no visual inspection in PA. It doesn't matter what the mechanic thinks. The only thing that matters is sensor readiness and no CEL.

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
I see people on Facebook offering to buy the stock Mk7 downpipes. Guys are willing to pay up to around $500 for a stock Mk7 DP. I've seen pics of multiple DP's laid out on a shop floor that they've bought from people. Are the people buying these DP's by the bunch reselling them? I remember a couple years ago the stock DP's were selling for $200 used...now I'm seeing people buy as many as they can and are willing to pay up to $500 for one.

Just curious.
I still have my MK7 Stock Downpipe if anyone is Interested??
IDK about the $500 so OBO? lol

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
could also be (this is more of a reach) but people who leased early 16/17 or whatever are trying to get out of their lease and want/need an oem downpipe? Def a stretch, but i'm sure the dealer would give you more for oem car vs some x company downpipe. Remember OEM dp is 1980$. But its most likely people just selling cats 🐱

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Sold my Stock downpipe this weekend for $200.00. Since I live in Florida don't really have to worry about Emission. Buddy sold it to is putting the car back to stock and trading it in.

PierreHoyek

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
So thats also happening here where i live (Lebanon), the problem is i wanna have a price estimation for my stock catalytic converter but no one can give me an estimation without giving them the number of the catalytic converter,,,and i cant access the number ( i have to disassemble the cat to see it) so does anyone has it? Mine is 2014 GTI but GCC specs ( its supposed to be a difference between usa, euro and gcc specs)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So thats also happening here where i live (Lebanon), the problem is i wanna have a price estimation for my stock catalytic converter but no one can give me an estimation without giving them the number of the catalytic converter,,,and i cant access the number ( i have to disassemble the cat to see it) so does anyone has it? Mine is 2014 GTI but GCC specs ( its supposed to be a difference between usa, euro and gcc specs)

Don't have an answer for you, but I imagine, catalytic converters are not in high demand as there's no emissions in Lebanon. But I guess they want the rare metals and in that case, most cats should have a similar amount.