jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
We have now passed “what did you do in your MK7” thread in posts, and page 1776 passes without fanfare.

Big shout outs to the cop hater and racist/sexist uncle for making it possible!
Not quite. In the MK7 forum that thread has 1786 pages and 26782 posts as of now. So 5 more pages to go for this thread.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's cool. I have no desire to go into space or colonize Mars. Seems to me we could put that money and effort into "terraforming" earth to not turn into an easy bake oven.
I agree with that. It does seem like a waste but at least it's a private company doing it and not the government.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
That's cool. I have no desire to go into space or colonize Mars. Seems to me we could put that money and effort into "terraforming" earth to not turn into an easy bake oven.
That will never happen though, earth has far too many people/countries with claim over land/resources.

Going to Mars has massive implications for science and the study of life in our universe. It's absolutely worth going

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That will never happen though, earth has far too many people/countries with claim over land/resources.

Going to Mars has massive implications for science and the study of life in our universe. It's absolutely worth going

Meh.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

I think the money should go into alternative energy infrastructure roll out

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You're kidding right? Government of still funding private space exploration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...eliance-on-private-companies-like-spacex.html
In that case I'm completely against it. There are too many problems on earth to spend money like that. If private companies want to do it on their dime that's their prerogative. I didn't read that whole link you posted but if some of that budget is for paying SpaceX to ferry supplies and astronauts to the international space station that's different. But not moon exploration.