GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Idk where else to post this rant so here we go.

I finally left the EQT group on FB today. I had one too many “pops and bangs videos.” For anyone thinking about making a FB account to join the group it’s not worth it. The information you glean is not worth sifting through the drivel. Just ask it here or contact EQT directly and you’ll get an answer. Any real questions asked there are drowned out by the hype boys and wannabe tuners flipping out over 1* of KR asking if their motor is about to explode.

If an EQT employee is reading this please make a 15 and up group! Or, even better just post any pertinent info here too! It is to the point, where I believe that group is vapid enough to actually tarnish the good name you have spent so long to build.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie

I finally left the EQT group on FB today. I had one too many “pops and bangs videos.” For anyone thinking about making a FB account to join the group it’s not worth it. The information you glean is not worth sifting through the drivel. Just ask it here or contact EQT directly and you’ll get an answer. Any real questions asked there are drowned out by the hype boys and wannabe tuners flipping out over 1* of KR asking if their motor is about to explode.

If an EQT employee is reading this please make a 15 and up group! Or, even better just post any pertinent info here too! It is to the point, where I believe that group is vapid enough to actually tarnish the good name you have spent so long to build.
This this this. I’ve really been starting to question if I want to be involved because of it, it’s embarrassing. Feels like b20vtec circa 05. The amount of misinformation passed on by people that have been involved in these cars for 90 days is insane as well.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Broken record here, but that’s the downside of EQT, or any business for that matter. Ditch the Facebook junk, but hey the fanbois have $$$ to spend as well, most of the time.

I try to avoid a business in general that has a heavy Facebook presence, just my own personal reasons. Had my AP not already had EQT on it, I would have done the same here.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Broken record here, but that’s the downside of EQT, or any business for that matter. Ditch the Facebook junk, but hey the fanbois have $$$ to spend as well, most of the time.

I try to avoid a business in general that has a heavy Facebook presence, just my own personal reasons. Had my AP not already had EQT on it, I would have done the same here.

So what tune would you have gone with instead?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
We have released an update for all of our Golf R/S3 tunes. This is similar to the GTI/A3 update we released a couple weeks ago. This revision is called V2.51.

Here is the changelog:

- Revised fueling strategy to improve spool and response during aggressive driving.

- Revised valve lift switchover points for smoother powerband at partial and full throttle. Especially noticeable on manual transmission cars.

- Reduced coolant temperature targets. This results in cooler coolant and oil temperatures which makes for more consistent power levels and reduces knock.

- Included fixes for issues specifically affecting the 2018 Golf R. This includes inconsistent launch control activation for DSG cars, and some shifting/drivability issues for MT cars.

- Added upgraded HPFP variant of all maps. This is meant to work with the Autotech Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pump internals.

All new orders will include the latest revision. And as always, if you are a previous customer, you can order an update on your website.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

I get the frustrations and we are doing our best to monitor and moderate the group. It has certainly grown very quickly so its getting harder every day. But I do still believe we have the best behaved group overall and we are continually working on improving it.

That being said, let's not get too high and mighty here. There are plenty of repeat and less than stellar questions posted on the forums as well ;)

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Avoiding a social media presence is a terrible approach from a business point of view. There are positives and negatives to each platform and we try to do our best to represent ourselves on all of them.

Thanks
-- Ed

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Avoiding a social media presence is a terrible approach from a business point of view. There are positives and negatives to each platform and we try to do our best to represent ourselves on all of them.

Thanks
-- Ed

A social media presence is advantageous I agree. But utilizing closed groups for info sharing on one media platform is not something I care for, nor is it valuable enough to me to warrant signing up for Facebook. But maybe that’s what needs to be done to elicit a reply to questions, as my email has been unanswered since I sent it over 2 weeks ago.

My perspective only. You can’t win them all, and you can only hope to appeal to most.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
A social media presence is advantageous I agree. But utilizing closed groups for info sharing on one media platform is not something I care for, nor is it valuable enough to me to warrant signing up for Facebook. But maybe that’s what needs to be done to elicit a reply to questions, as my email has been unanswered since I sent it over 2 weeks ago.

My perspective only. You can’t win them all, and you can only hope to appeal to most.
My email hasn't been answered either but I'm not joining Facebook to communicate. I know Ed has more customers on Facebook but either he or an EQT representative should be in this forum more often than Ed is.