GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best PW24W LED Bulb Options

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Hi Folks,

I’m looking for some help with PW24W LEDs to replace the Halogen bulbs in my DRL’s in my Bi-Xenons.

I’m hoping some of you ladies and gents may have done this already and found the best and worst options on before I spend my hard earned coin.

I have an OBDeleven Pro coming too so If I need to code/long code them it’s not too much of an issue.

All opinions appreciated and welcomed.

I’m hoping to get an effect like the below:

EF1497C9-6CE1-43AE-9DDA-DAF083000D7A.jpeg

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

& he will be hit with a 20% VAT import tax bill when he collects it from the post office...been there done that....:mad:

I take you have taken the bulb out & double checked it is a PW24W as I was unsure as although the VW info states it is, all I can find in UK is amber coloured stuff & not clear...

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Yeah looks like it or it’s a PWY24W as it looks incredibly similar.

popped it today so I could figure out how to get them in and out.

I’m very wary of the majority of the bulbs because they look very much like fabricated reviews from the sellers.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
& he will be hit with a 20% VAT import tax bill when he collects it from the post office...been there done that....:mad:
OP asked for options. I gave him the best one. Sorry if you are outside the States and have to pay more. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Maybe contact people like these (I buy my stuff from them but can't find your bulb)

Car Bulbs | Halogen, HID, LED | Philips & OSRAM | PowerBulbs UK
Morning Dave,

Thank you for the shout.

gonna give them a mail, also shouted autobulb direct as they have one but I’m also worried about the length of the bulb and the heat sink element as I’ve heard of a few melting the plastic cap element at the front of the bulb.

I’m very tempted to use OBD eleven and code the Fogs to be used as DRL’s instead but unsure of legality etc as in theory could put in a set if decent HB4’s LEDs or if I want to avoid any potential issues with errors altogether use a set of Xenon look Diamond Vision in the fogs which are the closest to xenons I have ever seen.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
OP asked for options. I have him the best one. Sorry if you are outside the States and have to pay more. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

It was a "heads up" warning as the OP is in Scotland.....you don't want a nasty surprise of the postcard through the door from the post office stating they have your parcel, & you have to collect it as there is 20% duty to pay on it....not that many people over here realise it when they order from the web (USA based & some other countries)

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Spoke to auto bulbs direct and went for these will be interested to see how they perform in flinging up codes, longevity etc

Attachments

• A2BCF9A4-5129-432F-AF45-84BF7B1BB4E1.png
    A2BCF9A4-5129-432F-AF45-84BF7B1BB4E1.png
    404.1 KB · Views: 92

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Spoke to auto bulbs direct and went for these will be interested to see how they perform in flinging up codes, longevity etc

Great a product available in the UK..!!!..

As its for the sidelight/DRL it might not throw a fault code as I think they aren't monitored (I might be wrong)....

..anyway those state they are for CANBUS ..so you will be fine...

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Hopefully Dave, could code them worst case but could do without the hassle.

I hate the yellow Halogen effect on the car. If it was pure yellow I’d have no issue.

The fog light bulbs are next, not sure whether to go LED or go for a set of proper yellow fog breakers. As you know Scotland likes the fog 👍

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
The ones from Autobulbs cost £29.50 for a pair of white LED bulbs...those above start at £35.....& both use Cree LEDs...
Well Dave I’m pleased to say the bulbs I got from ABD are absolutely spot on 👍

No errors, look amazing and dim when they should.

And the perfect size to fit the lenses.

Far easier then replacing the headlights and a lot cheaper 👍😁
8DE4F6FD-0CD3-4A81-97EB-39863BCFEB5A.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Well Dave I’m pleased to say the bulbs I got from ABD are absolutely spot on 👍

No errors, look amazing and dim when they should.

And the perfect size to fit the lenses.

Far easier then replacing the headlights and a lot cheaper 👍😁View attachment 204528

Brilliant..!!.....literally!!!....(y):cool: