GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
There are virtually no 2019 Alltrack SELs to be found (with the exception of a couple of black on black ones). The dealer told me "no accidents", one owner. The Experian reports shows the car first titled in TX on a different date from CARFAX, leading me to believe that it may be a doctored report. Blow up the photo of the passenger side and you see all sorts of orange peel. Then there is the second owner who kept the car for 700 miles before it went to a VW dealer in Florida that resold it to the used car lot in Ohio. With 6000 miles, why didn't the vW dealer certify it and sell it?
I don't see the orange peel it's not the best pic in overcast shadows but AJ is right you can see it was more than just a scrape along the side that was repaired.

The 2nd owner who sold at 700 miles could've been for any whatever reason possible, including not being able to afford it due to the pandi

It looks like it was brought to the dealer a couple of times to have the window and sunroof inspected.. could be anything my car has random minor electrical issues at times but nothing that would make me reconsider buying it. Again, I would want to test the car in person before offering any money up for it

Elwood

3-7-77
So you guys blew me off when I asked this question, so I went ahead and got a CARFAX report. You know that I believe that CARFAX isn't reliable for stuff it doesn't show, but it usually correct on the stuff it does have. The dealer provided the Experian report but not the CARFAX.

I've attached a link to the car, the Autocheck and the CARFAX report. Please look at the car first, then the Experian Autocheck and finally the CARFAX. Would you buy this car?
No, I would not buy it. Four different states, low mileage, pretty extensive damage. I'm guessing the car moved from one state to another because it was auctioned off. Keep looking.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
So you guys blew me off when I asked this question, so I went ahead and got a CARFAX report. You know that I believe that CARFAX isn't reliable for stuff it doesn't show, but it usually correct on the stuff it does have. The dealer provided the Experian report but not the CARFAX.

I've attached a link to the car, the Autocheck and the CARFAX report. Please look at the car first, then the Experian Autocheck and finally the CARFAX. Would you buy this car?

I wouldn't buy it because of the poor repair to the damage reported and the fact that you can not physically go see it / drive it. Nothing else bothers me.

All of the cars I've owned in life were passed around through auctions, had multiple short-term owners, or were corporate leases / event company owned. One was even privately owned and stolen, then found and subsequently tagged as "theft recovery (in tact)", auctioned to a dealer and then sold to me. Never had problems. A lot of cars don't live ideal lives but they are still worthy. So long as you can see them, drive them, have an independent shop go through them, and you can personally deem it worthy.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

I ended up with blk car my least favorite color because it was 2-3K lower than the other choices. For me it's not a beauty car and although color matters nowhere near that much $

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I ended up with blk car my least favorite color

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Anyone know the inside diameter of the open element/short ram injen intake filter? I wanna swap mine out for something else. Thanks

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Then why not just buy the replacement injen filter?
They’re overpriced for what they are. Plus covid made stock non existent, sadly. Though I bet any other options might be hard to source due to covid too

plus. Finding one that’s washable in water would be awesome

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They’re overpriced for what they are. Plus covid made stock non existent, sadly. Though I bet any other options might be hard to source due to covid too

plus. Finding one that’s washable in water would be awesome
Have you measured it yet? AFe makes filters washable in water even though they recommend you spray their cleaner on and rinse with water. They probably have a size that would work.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Have you measured it yet? AFe makes filters washable in water even though they recommend you spray their cleaner on and rinse with water. They probably have a size that would work.
Thanks for the info! Mine isn’t like a cone. It’s a cylinder. I’m gonna have to go and measure it

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny