1.3 MB · Views: 683

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Thanks. 18x8 et 44

I’m running 10mm spacers in the rear 5mm in the front with 225/40s

I’ve loved the COs for a while. Attached is my old MK6 with silver COs. 🤣
Nice, just like mine except in Titanium ! Specs and all, even the spacer size lol.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion

I already commented awhile back on your setup but a few questions because it's awesome... are the Firehawks 225/40? I have the stock tires and don't love the way they look on CO's, yours look great to me (squarer sidewall but not too meaty). 2nd question - how low are your coils set, like what kind of drop are we talking? My VWR springs are riding like :poop: and I've always thought these wheels would look better with a little more low. Finally, do you like the BC racing? Thanks!

P.S. Every time I see Reflex Silver I feel like I picked the wrong color. All the little black and red trim bits pop so nice.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I already commented awhile back on your setup but a few questions because it's awesome... are the Firehawks 225/40? I have the stock tires and don't love the way they look on CO's, yours look great to me (squarer sidewall but not too meaty). 2nd question - how low are your coils set, like what kind of drop are we talking? My VWR springs are riding like :poop: and I've always thought these wheels would look better with a little more low. Finally, do you like the BC racing? Thanks!

P.S. Every time I see Reflex Silver I feel like I picked the wrong color. All the little black and red trim bits pop so nice.
Thank you, I am picky and spent a lot of time and money into a look that seems like something that could of been OEM, but still makes people look. People at stop lights stare, really hard... :ROFLMAO:

1. Yes, 225/40
2. Coils are set at 2 inch drop
3. I like them, a bit rough on terrible roads, but the trade off is better handling. On highways the ride is smooth as glass, and feels better composed. Twisty roads are quite amusing.

-Cheers

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Updated Pic, because why not? - This pic is WITH the Firehawk 225/40 and a coilover ride height adjustment set at 8mm higher in the rear than the front. Also wing extension from Chet_Ubetcha
GTI_Conroe_1.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Me too !

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Thank you, I am picky and spent a lot of time and money into a look that seems like something that could of been OEM, but still makes people look. People at stop lights stare, really hard... :ROFLMAO:

1. Yes, 225/40
2. Coils are set at 2 inch drop
3. I like them, a bit rough on terrible roads, but the trade off is better handling. On highways the ride is smooth as glass, and feels better composed. Twisty roads are quite amusing.

-Cheers
Thanks for the info! Latest pic looks killer (y)