GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I would be amazed if the engine mounts were the same and even the downpipe?
Nothing to be amazed. Again, it's a parts bin special, and not even that overthought tbh. Haven't seen anyone swap out center console for the lid-less version yet (because lightweight!), but i suppose the same effect could be achieved by removal of the armrest :p

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Been hunting around for a bit but haven't been able to find a CSS parts diagram/listing. Does anyone know if the CSS pendulum mount / "dog bone mount" is different from the standard GTI? Looking to replace mine and don't want to introduce unnecessary NVH with an aftermarket one, but also don't want to simply replace with another stock one if there's an uprated CSS one available.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Been hunting around for a bit but haven't been able to find a CSS parts diagram/listing. Does anyone know if the CSS pendulum mount / "dog bone mount" is different from the standard GTI? Looking to replace mine and don't want to introduce unnecessary NVH with an aftermarket one, but also don't want to simply replace with another stock one if there's an uprated CSS one available.
As far as I've been able to determine the part number is 5Q0198037C and the same as Clubsport. Not sure if the same as standard GTI.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
As far as I've been able to determine the part number is 5Q0198037C and the same as Clubsport. Not sure if the same as standard GTI.
Thank you for this. As far as I can tell, this is the same as on a standard GTI as well. Interesting that they seem to have kept the CS/CSS mounts relatively untouched over the standard car.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Yes, it is. Not sure on your PN though, since it's a two-piece part and I'd assume
for this reason there should be two PNs. edit: 5G6807568AF041 + 5G0807531B041
Bear in mind it's designed to accommodate the bigger dia CS/CSS tailpipes, so that
I'd highly recommend to fit the CSS (or aftermarket) muffler at the same time.

question about the 2 piece CSS diffuser. does anyone know if an aftermarket add-on diffuser (i.e. maxton) replaces P/N 5G0807531B041 for the CSS diffuser? looking to buy the css diffuser and was wondering if i needed both parts

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
question about the 2 piece CSS diffuser. does anyone know if an aftermarket add-on diffuser (i.e. maxton) replaces P/N 5G0807531B041 for the CSS diffuser? looking to buy the css diffuser and was wondering if i needed both parts
anybody? possibly anyone fortunate enough to be an owner of a CSS?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I ordered both pieces of the CSS rear valance and the Maxton diffuser. You might be able to get away with the large valance piece and the Maxton only but the fitment may not be as tight. The diffuser fits snugly into the slot created by the small valance insert.
5FE9DB4C-9402-48C7-BAC1-D29256038BD4.jpeg