GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Frothy

Car(s)
MK7 Sport 6MT
Hey everyone. I managed to complete the install but the reverse lights are giving me trouble. The driver side works, but the passenger side doesn't. I have leuchte 28 and 29 mirroring each other. Any help would be appreciated!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey everyone. I managed to complete the install but the reverse lights are giving me trouble. The driver side works, but the passenger side doesn't. I have leuchte 28 and 29 mirroring each other. Any help would be appreciated!
Have you verified that the bulb is good?

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
I had the chance to buy a set of NA MK7.5 tail lights and couldn't say no. A fairly simple adapter and a few coding changes was all that was needed to make them work on a MK7.

Does anyone know how I would go about making a harness for this? Would the plugs be the same as a Euro/ROW harness? Any wiring diagrams perhaps?

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know how I would go about making a harness for this? Would the plugs be the same as a Euro/ROW harness? Any wiring diagrams perhaps?
Your Mk7 has a different connector than the Mk7.5 lights. If you're trying to get Mk7.5 "Low" LED tail lights like pictured in the post you quoted, just a heads up that the NAR one has a slightly different wiring than the Euro ones as they have an amber turn signal that the NAR one does not. I've seen wiring diagrams around before, but it is buried somewhere in this or other threads. Maybe someone on here might have it handy.

You could also chat with @ZERO815 - he makes the harnesses and if you are just getting the non-dynamic LED tails, it is probably not very expensive or if you message and ask him nicely, he might even send you the diagram you're looking for.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Your Mk7 has a different connector than the Mk7.5 lights. If you're trying to get Mk7.5 "Low" LED tail lights like pictured in the post you quoted, just a heads up that the NAR one has a slightly different wiring than the Euro ones as they have an amber turn signal that the NAR one does not. I've seen wiring diagrams around before, but it is buried somewhere in this or other threads. Maybe someone on here might have it handy.

You could also chat with @ZERO815 - he makes the harnesses and if you are just getting the non-dynamic LED tails, it is probably not very expensive or if you message and ask him nicely, he might even send you the diagram you're looking for.
Thanks for this! Yeah I’m going from a MK7 “low”/halogen to MK7.5 “low” so I think it’s just an issue with the plugs not being the same shape. I’ll message Zero and see what he says it is, but that’s all I’m missing

17ORYXR

Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6MT
Hi all, hoping someone might have some advice on getting these parts, as I see a few of you have replaced these since broken or missing. I bought the MK7.5 dynamic LED tails secondhand, and one inner trim had broken clips (left below), while the other is missing.

I grabbed the part number off the piece, as well as checked this thread and parts diagrams for the euro e-golf, GTI, R, etc.

I ordered 5G0945425 / 426 from e-acca, and received the trim covers shown on the right (below). These have the same part number but clearly are not the same, and do not fit the tails. Anyone here find the correct pieces, or have a solution to keep dirt out? Thank you!

IMG_7353.jpg

xvxmk6

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
2018 gti, Having some issues with BEC's harness and coding.. thinking maybe something was changed before I bought the car? Getting the following issue:

Lights function as normal, except for a split second after the brake is depressed and released, the bottom half of LEDs on the outer lights shine at full brightness..

image2.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Last edited:

bAdrabbIt_GTI

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
I’ve searched around, I picked up a used set of euro 7.5 tails but the passenger side didn’t have the foam gaskets. Does anyone have an idea or connection to get the part numbers for those? The NA stock gaskets sort of work but the cutouts and shape on the inner tail aren’t quite the same and it doesn’t sit quite right. Any help is appreciated, and judging by comments it probably goes without saying at this point, but Zero’s harnesses and directions were flawless!

17ORYXR

Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6MT
I’ve searched around, I picked up a used set of euro 7.5 tails but the passenger side didn’t have the foam gaskets. Does anyone have an idea or connection to get the part numbers for those? The NA stock gaskets sort of work but the cutouts and shape on the inner tail aren’t quite the same and it doesn’t sit quite right. Any help is appreciated, and judging by comments it probably goes without saying at this point, but Zero’s harnesses and directions were flawless!
I believe the foam gaskets you want are 5G0945395A (inner), 5G0998145D (outer). You'll need two of each for the full set. I ordered these from Europe for around $25. (I'll double check the shape this evening)

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
Having an issue on a shopdap kit 2019 mk7.5 install where the left signal is not sequential when the car is off and the hazards are on.
Also an issue where some LEDs are flickering around the brake lights when the brake is pressed.

thanks

trashb0y

Ready to race!
Having an issue on a shopdap kit 2019 mk7.5 install where the left signal is not sequential when the car is off and the hazards are on.
Also an issue where some LEDs are flickering around the brake lights when the brake is pressed.

thanks
i just installed mine yesterday, and was having some issues with the operations of the lights (including them not being dynamic). if i were you, i would reset the coding to default and just manually apply the long coding (assuming you used the OBD11 apps section for coding)

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
i just installed mine yesterday, and was having some issues with the operations of the lights (including them not being dynamic). if i were you, i would reset the coding to default and just manually apply the long coding (assuming you used the OBD11 apps section for coding)
I will definitely try that thank you! Where can I find a guide on long coding please