GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hmmmmm, what could this be?
51F0D9A6-5D54-455D-8B1F-121556BA3FC4.jpeg

Schwaben wall mount wheel set holder, for my new garage when we close in a month!

1DBEE8D9-BC3C-4BAB-9746-6D28557506D5.jpeg

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Hmmmmm, what could this be?
View attachment 202889

Schwaben wall mount wheel set holder, for my new garage when we close in a month!

View attachment 202890
I just wanted to say that I LOVE the whole buying-things-for-your-garage-before-having-it thing... especially if it is car related. Bad news is that having that box in the corner of your room will make the next month go even slower!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I just wanted to say that I LOVE the whole buying-things-for-your-garage-before-having-it thing... especially if it is car related. Bad news is that having that box in the corner of your room will make the next month go even slower!
2.5 years in a house with no garage. Just the thought of being able to mount things to a garage wall (tires, kayak, mtn bikes, etc) is crazy exciting...and yes....it's moving slowly lol

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
2.5 years in a house with no garage. Just the thought of being able to mount things to a garage wall (tires, kayak, mtn bikes, etc) is crazy exciting...and yes....it's moving slowly lol
That's me right now - there are so many things I wanna do, but it's -20 here in Toronto and working on a car in that weather is tragic.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
So not necessarily me, but by proxy, and not really my GTI, but car related.

My dad called me today and told me he sold his house, which he had been looking to do. He wanted to move closer to me (and in turn his granddaughter), and my sister.

A little back story. When I was about 2 (over 30 years ago), my dad built a house. My parents for divorced a few years later, he let my mom have the house. She got remarried to a mechanic, who was my stepfather for about 10 years till I was an early teenager, who I now wish I spent more time fixing cars with. Anyway, they got divorced because my mother is unbearable, he bought her out of the house, and I fell out of touch with my stepfather. He went on to open his own mechanic shop, and build a 6 car garage with 2x four post lifts on the property.

At this point if you're still reading, I'm sure you can see where this is going. My father was there having him fix his truck (my father and ex-stepfather remained on good terms, probably bonded over the dislike of my mother), and mentioned he sold his house, and was looking for a new one. Step-dad goes "Want to buy this one? The house you built with your own two hands 35 years ago?"

So come this spring, I'll have access to an actual lift whenever I want it 😁😁
Can we talk about how I also live in RI and we should become friends? 😂

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
5B185D94-1990-4E08-AA80-DAD819F1A008.jpeg
received my steering wheel wrap to get the clubsport S look. How much you think someone would charge to get this sewed? I got the kit but don’t feel comfortable doing it myself

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
View attachment 202916received my steering wheel wrap to get the clubsport S look. How much you think someone would charge to get this sewed? I got the kit but don’t feel comfortable doing it myself

Pull the wheel off, sit down and get comfortable and just knock it out. I hadn't really sown anything before I did my wrap and I just watched some youtube video and took my time and it came out great.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Front rotors came in! I got the banana over the weekend though, so that doesn't count.

Also got the rear 310mm rotors and rear dust shields today. Just waiting on front dust shields from Latvia and front lines.
Bro those brakes are huge. Or is the banana small?