GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
View attachment 201834

Going to be a good Spring! Loiacono Engineering Spoiler, BFI Shift Knob and some BEC Euro Tails to top it off! Christmas was good to me on
View attachment 201834

Going to be a good Spring! Loiacono Engineering Spoiler, BFI Shift Knob and some BEC Euro Tails to top it off! Christmas was good to me this year!
Did you get the clear or black finish on the spoiler? I like the spoiler but am curious if the gloss black masks the carbon fiber.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
New wheels to compliment the lug bolts and hub rings I got last week!

PXL_20210208_152142577.jpg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
So... I get that the BFI decal on the left is an homage to the Wolfsburg logo, and I can understand the change from a wolf to a... fox, I think? But does anyone know why it has six legs?

Never noticed that before.
D7CB8762-16EF-4016-8040-AC4DDB9B47A6.jpeg

Reminds me of a Gas Station Logo in Austria

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
View attachment 202659
Reminds me of a Gas Station Logo in Austria

Apparently that was exactly the idea. BFI's site indicates that an Eni gas station is central to the Wörthersee Treffen GTI meet in Austria, so they modified the Eni logo for their T-shirt/stickers.

And that logo is a six-legged dog because an artist in the 1950s won a contest to design a logo for the Italian oil and gas company's founding with that entry. It has six legs because... because. "The six legged dog is the faithful friend of the four-wheeled man." Whatever that means.

The similarity to the wolf of the Wolfsburg crest is just a coincidence, I guess.

The more you know...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Apparently that was exactly the idea. BFI's site indicates that an Eni gas station is central to the Wörthersee Treffen GTI meet in Austria, so they modified the Eni logo for their T-shirt/stickers.

And that logo is a six-legged dog because an artist in the 1950s won a contest to design a logo for the Italian oil and gas company's founding with that entry. It has six legs because... because. "The six legged dog is the faithful friend of the four-wheeled man." Whatever that means.

The similarity to the wolf of the Wolfsburg crest is just a coincidence, I guess.

The more you know...
Lore is awesome

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Got my shirt from Motor Element. Looks alright; should've sent another pic without my license plate lol. They sent a proof but I'm only gonna use this shirt when I work on my car. Fit is small.

Attachments

• 78A123DB-D11D-4203-A47B-09EA81D7FE95.jpeg
    78A123DB-D11D-4203-A47B-09EA81D7FE95.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 19BCE200-9AB9-4BBB-B82F-6BF53060179C.jpeg
    19BCE200-9AB9-4BBB-B82F-6BF53060179C.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 93

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Should be doing this and the muffler delete this week. May head over for Eurotripper with my pops in his beetle.
0BD9AF2E-78A1-4C4A-A86E-3D6132918799.jpeg

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Got the euro rear headrests in the mail from a fellow forum member (thank you). Much improved rear visibility without compromising usability.

Picked up the nail on the way home for free. I can’t wait for construction in our neighborhood to be done. I felt/heard this sucker instantly. Surprised I didn’t see it to be honest as I roll through really slowly and have stopped and picked up many others. Wish I had!
Awkward spot so meant I had to get a new one. Only 8k miles on the Potenzas. If they had 15k on them I may have gone ahead and splashed the cash on some new (wider) wheels and better rubber all round. Time to get serious with my wheel research and be ready for the next deal.

Attachments

• A225DF6F-5294-414C-AE46-020649ED414E.jpeg
    A225DF6F-5294-414C-AE46-020649ED414E.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
  • 866E8DEE-6BC5-4A22-A579-BAA5DF41A5A3.jpeg
    866E8DEE-6BC5-4A22-A579-BAA5DF41A5A3.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 83
  • B13C9EA8-D927-4AEF-95E3-74A442A8940F.jpeg
    B13C9EA8-D927-4AEF-95E3-74A442A8940F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 75

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So not necessarily me, but by proxy, and not really my GTI, but car related.

My dad called me today and told me he sold his house, which he had been looking to do. He wanted to move closer to me (and in turn his granddaughter), and my sister.

A little back story. When I was about 2 (over 30 years ago), my dad built a house. My parents for divorced a few years later, he let my mom have the house. She got remarried to a mechanic, who was my stepfather for about 10 years till I was an early teenager, who I now wish I spent more time fixing cars with. Anyway, they got divorced because my mother is unbearable, he bought her out of the house, and I fell out of touch with my stepfather. He went on to open his own mechanic shop, and build a 6 car garage with 2x four post lifts on the property.

At this point if you're still reading, I'm sure you can see where this is going. My father was there having him fix his truck (my father and ex-stepfather remained on good terms, probably bonded over the dislike of my mother), and mentioned he sold his house, and was looking for a new one. Step-dad goes "Want to buy this one? The house you built with your own two hands 35 years ago?"

So come this spring, I'll have access to an actual lift whenever I want it 😁😁

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

My dad called me today and told me he sold his house, which he had been looking to do. He wanted to move closer to me (and in turn his granddaughter), and my sister.

A little back story. When I was about 2 (over 30 years ago), my dad built a house. My parents for divorced a few years later, he let my mom have the house. She got remarried to a mechanic, who was my stepfather for about 10 years till I was an early teenager, who I now wish I spent more time fixing cars with. Anyway, they got divorced because my mother is unbearable, he bought her out of the house, and I fell out of touch with my stepfather. He went on to open his own mechanic shop, and build a 6 car garage with 2x four post lifts on the property.

At this point if you're still reading, I'm sure you can see where this is going. My father was there having him fix his truck (my father and ex-stepfather remained on good terms, probably bonded over the dislike of my mother), and mentioned he sold his house, and was looking for a new one. Step-dad goes "Want to buy this one? The house you built with your own two hands 35 years ago?"

Cool story man. It's funny the way life works out.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

So many twists and turns. Jesus! Morale of the story is, your mom is the boss fight!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So many twists and turns. Jesus! Morale of the story is, your mom is the boss fight!

My mom is the definition of "I love you because you're family". There's a reason she's been married and divorced 5 times. She's extremely unpleasant to be around for more than 15 minutes.