GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Retrofit ideas

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I treat retrofitting as a hobby, and i am out of ideas. Ive done so far MIB2 Nav, 12 way power seats, ACC, Blind spot, Folding mirrors, Lane assist, AFS Xenons, autodimming mirror, rain light sensor, dynaudio, mk7.5 euro led tail lights. Any ideas would be helpful

Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Did you do the parking sensors? Auto dimming mirror w/ rain sensor? (not sure if your GTI already has it). Could do the digital dash retrofit since you've done MIB2, just need the MOST splitter if you did Fender/Dynoaudio/

Not a retrofit, but could put down some sound deadening in the doors and hatch. Working on that on the wagon now.

Tail light upgrade to the sequential LEDs?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I did parking sensors on my mk6 gti. I didnt like the idea of drilling up the bumper, but i like the idea of doing digital dash

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Do the 12 way seats have memory recall?
Im waiting on a control unit The control unit i have works everything, but it wont connect to the can network so i cannot change the memory settings.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Do you know whether Dynaudio retrofit is just swapping the out the speakers + sub and coding with cars already equipped with the Fender stereo?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Do you know whether Dynaudio retrofit is just swapping the out the speakers + sub and coding with cars already equipped with the Fender stereo?
Yes. The amp is the same, the speakers are the only thing that is different.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Yes. The amp is the same, the speakers are the only thing that is different.

Thanks. Is the wiring harness the same for Dynaudio and Fender? I know the speakers may not have the same resistance values.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think you're down to digital dash and parking aid/assist. Don't know what your car is but DCC if you don't have it.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Thanks. Is the wiring harness the same for Dynaudio and Fender? I know the speakers may not have the same resistance values.
As far as i know the harness is the same. I cant imagine it being different as the amp is the same. The only harness differences i know of are for cars with that amp that have front center speakers.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I think you're down to digital dash and parking aid/assist. Don't know what your car is but DCC if you don't have it.
I was thinking more along the lines of retrofits people arent trying. Ive been looking into retrofitting b8 passat estate electric tailgates. ive asked about it on other forums trying to get info on the lengths of the struts and i always get the obligatory "Why"

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Gotcha... do any of the Golfs have the 360 parking view? I don't even know what it's called? Super parking aid+, haha

Edit: Bird's eye view I guess. Seems installing a front camera wouldn't be an issue but the mirror mounted ones could be. I suspect the MIB II supports but could easily go MIB 2.5 if not. Assuming you got the cameras installed, dying know what car would show on the screen if the Golf never had this feature at all.

Last edited:

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I would suggest Webasto parking heater, I would kill for that lol. I can barely find any info about it though. It’s probably really expensive too.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I would suggest Webasto parking heater, I would kill for that lol. I can barely find any info about it though. It’s probably really expensive to
Is it a block heater? Ive never heard of that.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
It pretty much is, just more integrated into the car. It's a little heater that uses gas from your tank to heat the car up without the engine having to turn on. And it can be programmed to come on at a certain time. Never an option for us though :(