GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RGB Ambient Lighting for Mk7 and Mk7.5

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
this Sunday if there are no unexpected events I will do the first part of the job ... I change my BCM with a suitable and active 30 colors on the discover pro.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all, quick update on this.

I can now confirm that all 17 lights illuminate correctly and can be controlled over CAN via the steering wheel buttons.

All nice and bright in the daytime! Wireless functionality works great!

Turns out when I tried connecting them up last weekend I got the CAN connections the wrong way round.... you'd assume brown would go to brown, but nope!

Will be doing the full install over the next few weeks once I get some epoxy and fresh Dremel bits from Amazon.

25EC651A-3170-4502-A8EC-F262679EA7A2.jpeg

C73A0FAC-8225-4F29-8D0B-A3A8EDC879DC.jpeg

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
did you connect behind the canbus line of the radio?

you can put the photos with the connections and the colors of the cables as they should be put?
Thank you.

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
@IWMTom

if i want to do an oem job and then connect to the bcm from what i understand i need 3 cables that i have to connect.

- negative
- positive 12v
- line lin

do you know which are these 3 pins of the BCM in which to put the new wiring?

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
so the only way to connect and get everything working from the radio screen is to attach to the canbus line?

what did you use? any clamps like this?
s-l300.jpg

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
so the only way to connect and get everything working from the radio screen is to attach to the canbus line?

what did you use? any clamps like this?View attachment 202034
With this kit, yes, you would need to use their modules and connect to the CAN lines on the Quadlock if you're looking to use the OEM screen controls.

I tend to use T splices as they can be unplugged if necessary.