GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kufatec footwell lights coding

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I can confirm that the codings posted in post #53 are correct. I applied them using OBDeleven and my footwells work exactly as they should. I also have the codings posted in the google spreadsheet in my signature. Scroll down to row 43.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I can confirm that the codings posted in post #53 are correct. I applied them using OBDeleven and my footwells work exactly as they should. I also have the codings posted in the google spreadsheet in my signature. Scroll down to row 43.

Thank you for this! Found some cool new things I didn't even know exist (e.g. light flash rate).

Luismp

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 TDI 2019
Comparing the two configurations, and I tried the one from post #53 and seeing yours, I see that there are differences in the values, for example 70% and in yours I see that it has 0.7. Little things that can make all the difference, the first coding didn't work and I followed all the steps.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Comparing the two configurations, and I tried the one from post #53 and seeing yours, I see that there are differences in the values, for example 70% and in yours I see that it has 0.7. Little things that can make all the difference, the first coding didn't work and I followed all the steps.

I'm not familiar with OBDEleven so I can't tell, but that makes sense. Good job noticing that!

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

Interesting. 0.7 = 70% mathematically and I wonder if different programming tools simply display the values with different units, e.g., decimal based versus percent based. It was awhile ago, I can't remember, but maybe the OBDeleven interface asked for a value between 0-1 so I entered 0.7. Maybe VCDS would ask for a value between 1-100. Pure speculation, I have no clue...

Did you get it to work using my coding? Which programming tool did you use?

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI

I tried some of your adaptations and they didn't work in my 2016 TSI. I couldn't find the turn signal delay ones - I found something similar (optic feedback something) which had values of 'Decelerated' and 'Normal'. Changed it to 'Normal', but didn't notice any difference in the turn signal timing. Maybe it's because I have dynamic turn signals, not sure.

I also tried the DRL indicator in the cluster, which is super useful, but also nothing lights up on my dash. I checked with a flashlight and there doesn't even seem to be any light there designed for it which is odd. I remember my Audi A3 8V (2013) had an indicator for that.

I assume things are different on the SW :)

Luismp

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 TDI 2019
Interesting. 0.7 = 70% mathematically and I wonder if different programming tools simply display the values with different units, e.g., decimal based versus percent based. It was awhile ago, I can't remember, but maybe the OBDeleven interface asked for a value between 0-1 so I entered 0.7. Maybe VCDS would ask for a value between 1-100. Pure speculation, I have no clue...

Did you get it to work using my coding? Which programming tool did you use?
i'm using Obdeleven Pro, this programm only accept values like the coding in the post #53.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
i'm using Obdeleven Pro, this programm only accept values like the coding in the post #53.

Very weird... could it be BCM differences? Mine is a 2017, mid-level BCM. Mine is the generation without any long coding, everything is in adaptations.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I tried some of your adaptations and they didn't work in my 2016 TSI. I couldn't find the turn signal delay ones - I found something similar (optic feedback something) which had values of 'Decelerated' and 'Normal'. Changed it to 'Normal', but didn't notice any difference in the turn signal timing. Maybe it's because I have dynamic turn signals, not sure.

I also tried the DRL indicator in the cluster, which is super useful, but also nothing lights up on my dash. I checked with a flashlight and there doesn't even seem to be any light there designed for it which is odd. I remember my Audi A3 8V (2013) had an indicator for that.

I assume things are different on the SW :)

I'm guessing you didn't find everything because the older BCMs had many of these options in long coding. Sometime in 2016-2017 the BCMs were updated and all long coding features were "moved" into adaptations. I'll bet if you hunt around in long coding you'll find them.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I'm guessing you didn't find everything because the older BCMs had many of these options in long coding. Sometime in 2016-2017 the BCMs were updated and all long coding features were "moved" into adaptations. I'll bet if you hunt around in long coding you'll find them.

Naw, my BCM is a newer model which has everything in adaptations. I guess it just doesn't support them :)

madman31

Car(s)
Golf 7 2.0 TDI
Hello!,
Just read this forum over and over for the last 7 days.....
I've bought for my Golf 7. 2014 2.0tdi MQB platform footlights.
Installed them all working good if i set the light to innerlight instead of Footlight<-- this is how i know that wiring and everything else is good.
Now my main problem is that i cannot set the parameters to the instructed values 70, 126 etc. Tried with OBD eleven Pro- i get the error wrong value or, function cannot be performed, formator lenght is incorrect.
So i tried with VCDS 20.4 and i get the following error message: This interface doeas not support sending. CAN messages 256 bytes and over in lenght.
Everything else i can set except the Parameters. Also managed to make it appear in the MMI options.

What are my other options.....

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Hello!,
Just read this forum over and over for the last 7 days.....
I've bought for my Golf 7. 2014 2.0tdi MQB platform footlights.
Installed them all working good if i set the light to innerlight instead of Footlight<-- this is how i know that wiring and everything else is good.
Now my main problem is that i cannot set the parameters to the instructed values 70, 126 etc. Tried with OBD eleven Pro- i get the error wrong value or, function cannot be performed, formator lenght is incorrect.
So i tried with VCDS 20.4 and i get the following error message: This interface doeas not support sending. CAN messages 256 bytes and over in lenght.
Everything else i can set except the Parameters. Also managed to make it appear in the MMI options.

What are my other options.....

You need an updated VCDS interface - HEX V2 or Hex-Net.

Luismp

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 TDI 2019
I've managed to make everything work perfectly with obd eleven pro, I used the coding that was on a topic and everything worked perfectly.