GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I ordered a Euro switch and light sensor for my headlights and a rear sway bar. Does anyone happen to know the part number for the Moog end links?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Folding mirrors FINALLY arrived. Installed them this weekend. Took me about 1.5hrs to do both sides and code them. My stupid 2020 wouldn't do the mirror dip no matter what settings I tried in VCDS, so I caved and got the folding mirrors. Now everything works.

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Folding mirrors FINALLY arrived. Installed them this weekend. Took me about 1.5hrs to do both sides and code them. My stupid 2020 wouldn't do the mirror dip no matter what settings I tried in VCDS, so I caved and got the folding mirrors. Now everything works.
Excuse my ignorance but if anyone knows, do they offer folding mirrors with Blind Spot Monitoring?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Excuse my ignorance but if anyone knows, do they offer folding mirrors with Blind Spot Monitoring?
Yes they are available.. the part numbers sometimes change. I ordered mine from e-acca, as have many others. The housings (with BSM wiring) and glass are separate part numbers. Here's the snip of my order, from April last year. You can also order Asian market OEM power folding mirrors for cheaper and the nice thing is they can be ordered with the switch and required door modules (if yours aren't the right spec). But I haven't seen them coming with BSM wiring. It can be added but apparently it's a bit of a PITA. Search the forum for power folding mirror threads and you should find mention of adding BSM though.

Mirrors.PNG

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Yep mine are blind spot as well that I just installed over the weekend. I got them from e-Acca. Wiring is all there if you order the correct part number. Super easy.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Yes they are available.. the part numbers sometimes change. I ordered mine from e-acca, as have many others. The housings (with BSM wiring) and glass are separate part numbers. Here's the snip of my order, from April last year. You can also order Asian market OEM power folding mirrors for cheaper and the nice thing is they can be ordered with the switch and required door modules (if yours aren't the right spec). But I haven't seen them coming with BSM wiring. It can be added but apparently it's a bit of a PITA. Search the forum for power folding mirror threads and you should find mention of adding BSM though.

View attachment 201174
Curious, did your switch come in packaging that says made in china? Cause I was surprised mine was in a box that said that. I could have saved $20 and just ordered mine then from aliexpress.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@absoluteczech I don't remember, I ordered the full kit (mirrors, switch and door modules) from AliExpress probably 4 years ago. I decided to retrofit BSM at some point last year and needing new mirrors decided to just order BSM ones, out of laziness mostly. I would suspect that a lot of the electronic parts/switches are made in China/Asia.

The circuit board for my overhead lights, removed from a 2017 Golf R (which was built in Germany) is stamped "Made in Korea." YMMV but I haven't found any 100% to get parts from a certain place. It may be that ordering from a more reputable place, or direct from VW for instance, gets you better quality control... or maybe not. The connectors I've ordered from Ali sometimes come with a sticker (for whatever the seller name is) placed over the molded VAG part number. What that means is up for interpretation I suppose, haha.