GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 SE, DCC, Lighting Package, Performance Package, Stg2, Chicago

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So it was nothing but driving straight at 80mph on the highway the whole drive home.

1611591530875.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Very jealous. I love that mountain range to death, everything about it. My cousin lived out there and we would cruise through them all day sometimes but in his car, him driving, and he is NOT a car guy so it was a slow and cautious drive haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Believe it or not i never even got it over 100! Short of having some fun pulling on and off the ramps to get gas i didnt do anything lol

Did you drive through Kansas at all? That's the place to get up to top speed lol. I didn't see a single cop for like 7 hours when I drove through in 2016.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Drove through colorado, nebraska, and iowa.

Dude it was such a boring drive. Wife was with me (shes not the boring part lol) but with her. Inclement weather, not having plates on the car, not really knowing the car yet, i just didnt wanna play around lol.

Also it gets like 23mpg highway! Dont csre too much; its a weekend car but damn that kinda sucked

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Drove through colorado, nebraska, and iowa.

Dude it was such a boring drive. Wife was with me (shes not the boring part lol) but with her. Inclement weather, not having plates on the car, not really knowing the car yet, i just didnt wanna play around lol.

Also it gets like 23mpg highway! Dont csre too much; its a weekend car but damn that kinda sucked

Yeah superchargers are not efficient. But no turbo lag!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Oh for sure. I love supercharged cars. Already ordered an intake for the noise. Lol. The throttle response is amazing, will also say though ive enjoyed the feeling of lag and boost in a turbo car. Theres alot to enjoy with both setups.

Arctic Silver

Car(s)
B8 S4
Only 23 mpg on a straight across the country, 80 mph road trip? That seems very low. Maybe going through the mountains you would see that, but once you hit straight and flat it should be higher. When I get my B8 S4 out on the highway for a trip I see 26-27 mpg on average. My car is stage 2 so there should be even more parasitic loss from running the supercharger at higher RPM at that speed. Might want to take a look at the plugs and air filter when you get a chance. Congrats on the purchase though, they are truly awesome cars.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
thanks man! Yeah, i definately hand calculated my MPG on two fillups and it was ~23! I was like 'WELL SHIT!' LOL.

Already got a cold air intake (i'm a sucker for the whine) and it is about due for spark plugs, despite how good and smooth it runs. Thanks for the advice!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
If it's anything like the GTI, cruising at 80mph instead of 70mph takes a huge hit to mpg.

the only car I’ve ever driven that this didn’t seem to apply to was the 2021 Jetta loaner I just had for 2 months. It did 39mpg @ 80mph, 40-41 @ 65-75.

by comparison, I could do 40mpg @ 60mph, cruise control in my GTIs. But 75-80 would net me 30-33

I’m not surprised a supercharged AWD 4K pound car is netting you 23mpg @ 80. When you’re not going 900 miles, see what you get going 65-70.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I figured that ti be a factor as well. I think the 'highway speed' they estimate the epa values to be at 65mph

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Sold Sold Sold!