GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Spoiler Extension (Gathering Interest)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mine arrived today. Trying to figure out how I want to mount it. Thanks, looks really good.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Got mine 2 days ago. Shipping company bent it. I'll make it work though, looks great
I wondered about that with it being aluminum, and the long flat shape. I've gotten numerous mangled boxes from shipping companies in the past. That sucks though, hope it isn't too bad.

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
I haven’t installed mine but I must say the packaging and instructions are top notch! Very impressed. Thank you!
EC6B1E75-43C0-40A7-807B-9705EE2590F9.jpeg

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
2nd run anytime soon?

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
The downfall to being on the complete opposite of the country, mine should be here tomorrow. I should stop looking at this thread til then.

Edit: Apparently Fed-ex delivers on sundays, guess I'm throwing it on after work tonight!

Last edited:

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
6F12997A-03BA-4DE8-8240-3F9532CF5CC4.jpeg

Bang zoom pretty easy install!
I recommend if you’re going the drill route to use a non torquey drill or have it spinning pre insertion. A bit that large will shear the piano black stuff when going in.

*Edit: Chet Ubetcha recommended for others going the drill route to go up in size stages from 1/8 to 5/16. This would work also!

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Mine arrived At the house in perfect condition! Now the Long wait to get back home to install!! Thanks again!!!

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
View attachment 201078
Bang zoom pretty easy install!
I recommend if you’re going the drill route to use a non torquey drill or have it spinning pre insertion. A bit that large will shear the piano black stuff when going in.

*Edit: Chet Ubetcha recommended for others going the drill route to go up in size stages from 1/8 to 5/16. This would work also!
So, I work in aviation, and a trick some of my airframe buddies passed on to me for drilling plastics... run that bitch packwards. Friction drilling. No chipping, gouging, or cracking. Backwards, lots of speed, moderate pressure. @GTI Jake back me up here man.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
What installation method did you decide on using and how was the installation process?
I just used the tape. Cleaned the surface well and used the third brake light to line up the spoiler.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
I just used the tape. Cleaned the surface well and used the third brake light to line up the spoiler.

That's how I plan to install it. My garage was too cold for me to have much confidence in the tape adhering correctly so planning to clean it up and stick it, throw some small clamps to keep it tight for a few hours (23° outside means my garage is still cold as witch nipple hairs) and hopefully snap some pictures after physical therapy tomorrow morning