GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions about Ultimate racing Downpipe for my 2015 MK7 GTI

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
After a LOT of research, I am pretty much ready to pull the trigger on the UR downpipe, but still have a few unanswered questions that maybe someone here can answer for me.

I wanted the least chance of a CEL, and something that isn't obnoxiously loud (but would love to make the farts louder).
So I figured that the options I would go with would be to go catted, resonated, and add the O2 sensor extender bung.

My main questions are:
1- Which Cat would have lower emissions, the 200 cell metal cat or the 400 cell ceramic cat. I think that the metal cat would be stronger and last longer, but I have a funny feeling that the ceramic 400 cell cat will have lower emissions.
Would either one give a CEL with the O2 extender option? If not, I prefer the metal cat.
(If it matters... I have JB4, an ECS front mounted intercooler, an 034 Motorsport turbo inlet pipe w/ smooth silicone hose from stock airbox)

2- Does the kit come with all the flange bolts, and flange gaskets required for installation? (I will order the turbo gasket ring separately)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The higher the cell number the less likelihood of a CEL. But then you're back close to stock. For the hardware why don't you ask the supplier you're ordering from.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The higher the cell number the less likelihood of a CEL. But then you're back close to stock. For the hardware why don't you ask the supplier you're ordering from.

I did ask them. I sent a question online, but they didn’t answer yet (hopefully they will answer on Monday).
I also wanted to get some real life experience from other owners instead of a salesman, hence why I asked here.
As a matter of fact, I just now watched a video on youtube, and heard it without the resonator, and I think it's better to go with the ceramic 400 cell cat, and not do the resonator instead of my original plan. I think I will wind up with something closer to my goal, and the best part is that I also save a lot of money! (also according to the youtube unboxing video, it looks like gaskets and hardware are included. I figured they would be included, but they didn't show it them the pics, like they do in the cat back exhaust they sell))

The next really important question is, do I order the O2 extender bung? Is it necessary with the 400 cell cat, or is it still a gamble?
Can it hurt anything, or does it just improve the chance of not getting a CEL? Or should I just try without it, and add an extender if needed?
Is it possible that if the cat is doing it's job, and I add the O2 extender/spacer, that the reading to the computer is "too low", and that triggers the CEL as well?
Hmmm, decisions....decisions.
I’m just anxious to order it! lol

Last edited: