GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
😎 you know you got the best variant at the moment!

-how long was installing?

At the moment im doubting between ordering the kit for the sportsvan or the mk7 which is now (thanks to @puuhapet ) proven to work on a estate.

doubting because of the minimum length moving up 2cm due to the brackets, because of the minimum length of the poles.

puuhapet

Car(s)
Golf MK7 TGI Variant
😎 you know you got the best variant at the moment!

-how long was installing?

At the moment im doubting between ordering the kit for the sportsvan or the mk7 which is now (thanks to @puuhapet ) proven to work on a estate.

doubting because of the minimum length moving up 2cm due to the brackets, because of the minimum length of the poles.

It took about 5 hours.

Do you know are the poles on the sportsvan kit shorter than the mk7 kit? If they are shorter they might work with the 4 pcs mounting hardware that is included.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG

It took about 5 hours.

Do you know are the poles on the sportsvan kit shorter than the mk7 kit? If they are shorter they might work with the 4 pcs mounting hardware that is included.

honestly, im done asking on AliExpress. As the sellers can’t tell me the differences in length of poles between different models.
An assumption is there should be differences between the length of the poles, but they won’t mix the kits MK7 plugs with sportsvan poles (which are longer than our car and the mk7)...

so conclusion, i have ordered the same kit, with indeed the 2 extra black plugs, but you have already tried it with the 2 black plugs and those made the scratches in your boot?.. gonna install side assist and the tailgate simultaneously fingers crossed 🤞🏾 it won’t take me days...

puuhapet

Car(s)
Golf MK7 TGI Variant
honestly, im done asking on AliExpress. As the sellers can’t tell me the differences in length of poles between different models.
An assumption is there should be differences between the length of the poles, but they won’t mix the kits MK7 plugs with sportsvan poles (which are longer than our car and the mk7)...

so conclusion, i have ordered the same kit, with indeed the 2 extra black plugs, but you have already tried it with the 2 black plugs and those made the scratches in your boot?.. gonna install side assist and the tailgate simultaneously fingers crossed 🤞🏾 it won’t take me days...

Yep, sometimes the seller reponds and sometimes not🙄

So you ordered kit for mk7 Golf?

I tested the electric poles to the original plugs. The diameter is the same but they are longer. With the original plugs the electric poles are too long and the hatch will not close. Thats why you need the mounting plates with plugs because they move the mounting points 20mm upwards.

Do you mean blind spot detection? Where did you buy it?

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Yep, sometimes the seller reponds and sometimes not🙄

So you ordered kit for mk7 Golf?

Do you mean blind spot detection? Where did you buy it?

Yes, did ordered the (regular) MK7 golf kit,
As the sportsvan comes with 4 black pins and no plate. (We do need the plate for those 2cm)

Offtopic:
Yes, indeed blind spot detection, found the parts, side assist modules with variant holders and folding, side assist light mirrors on ebay.de for 350... the modules for blind spot has to be from the same car, AliExpress modules need adaptation.

Ontopic:
Where did you place the inside button for opening and closing the trunk? As im doubting to place it on the steering column or see below (tpms button):

https://www.golf7gti.com/topic.php?t=5172&page=4

For connection of the flat tire button as open trunk: see the below connection scheme.

for connection of the open and closing button, I have requested the wiring scheme function of red, white and black wire

10 pins

1/10 - earth (brown)
2/10 - terminal 58d (gray)
3/10 - control unit f. Parking aid (purple / gray) - button PDC
4/10 - control unit f. Parking aid (purple / red) - button PLA
6/10 - control unit f. Parking aid (purple / red) - control lamp PDC
7/10 - control unit f. Parking aid (purple / green) - control light PLA

And now the assignment of the "Set" button:

9/10 - (green / white) - ABS-Stg in pin 34/38 (connector T38a)
10/10 - (purple / green ) - ABS-Stg in pin 4/38 (connector T38a)

Last edited:

puuhapet

Car(s)
Golf MK7 TGI Variant
I installed it here. Also the CAN-box and wiring is installed inside that bottom plastic.

1609767883870.png

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
I guess the column is the best way to go, but will definitely take a look at adjusting the button, towards the middle control centre

Finally received the electric tailgate kit.
6941C5B0-34B1-4804-9E20-761F2418412B.jpeg
@puuhapet looks identically to yours

puuhapet

Car(s)
Golf MK7 TGI Variant
It wasn't that hard but I'm used to work on cars and have disassembled interior plastics and install wirings on many VAG group cars.:)

DaveLJones

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf GTi PP
He's got an Estate, I don't!
Cracking job at fitting that kit and thanks for sharing the videos of it all working. I wish I had the guts to attempt it, I've been quoted £1500 to supply and fit a kit from a company in Warrington! It will probably be the same kit 😭

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Cracking job at fitting that kit and thanks for sharing the videos of it all working. I wish I had the guts to attempt it, I've been quoted £1500 to supply and fit a kit from a company in Warrington! It will probably be the same kit 😭
Thanks!

£1500 is waaaaaaaay over the top. I paid £260 for the kit, so at 8 hours of labour that company is charging in excess of £155 an hour!

Ridiculous!

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
I installed it here. Also the CAN-box and wiring is installed inside that bottom plastic.

View attachment 198424

finally got a chance too really look inside the kit😇

just found out that wiring can’t go wrong, as discussed by iwm and puu, the kit is plug and play.

but the thing I got stuck at is @ the can box that was provided with the kit and how to connect? Did you guys needed to tab in connecting the kit twice? Or just once?

Connection from steering wheel
-white cable on orange brown (can -)
-purple cable on green (comfort)

2 cables, Connection from can box connect to canbus???
-green black on ???
-green on ???