GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roof Wrap on White R

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
yeh im planning on getting some gloss black covers afterwards. that looks well good with the gloss roof.been quoted 140 so dont think ill get any cheaper
does it scratch easy the wrap? worried about scratching it with wash brush
I think gloss black vinyl wraps are prone to swirling - especially if a poor wash technique is used.

Whether or not a wash brush would scratch will depend on the type of wash brush used and whether you use a ‘safe’ two bucket wash method or not. If there is a risk of it scratching, there’s an easy solution though - stop using the brush, use a deep pile lambswool wash mitt and the two bucket wash method.

Hatcher

Ready to race!
Yes my old car! Man she looked pretty good.

traded it into a dealership last year and they immediately took the wrap off. Not sure why.

this was a high gloss 3M wrap and paid $200 for it. It was pretty resilient while I had it, but did accumulate dust and had some swirl marks after washing, but minor and insignificant IMO

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I thought about it. I like how it looks, but then I think about how clean my roof always looks and how I'll notice every speck of dirt if it's black, so it's a nope from me.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I thought about it. I like how it looks, but then I think about how clean my roof always looks and how I'll notice every speck of dirt if it's black, so it's a nope from me.
Same here. I’m in the UK and have I a VW Polo GTI Plus. I had the option of a black roof from the factory when I ordered my car (it’s be a black vinyl wrap, rather than the roof being painted black). Having had black cars in the past and being very aware what a pain they are to keep them looking good, I decided against the black roof.

Some owners of the same car on the VW Polo forum who’ve opted to have the black roof have commented on it showing water marks and swirl marks and the roof looking dirty when the rest of the car looks clean. So I’m pleased I decided against the black roof option.