GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
No idle issues with the JB4 stack here. My JB4 is generally on Map 0, but no issues with the unit connected and my flash.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
A few things were happening:
On full throttle pulls in 3rd gear I intermittently got some bad knocking at 5000+ rpm. I'm still not convinced this is sorted out, but I don't have a great way to log, until the Uniconnect logging started.
My brother had a similar car with APR/JB4 stack. His boost values were much more consistent over the course of months of logs, but mine with the Uni tune would not produce consistent boost curves. I understand environmental factors played into this. He ran a 11.99 1/4 on his APR/JB4 tune, so the potential is there. He also only owned the car for 18k miles where I plan on owning for many years.

My idle was kinda garbagey with the JB4. Stumbles mostly. This went away when I uninstalled the JB4. Even happened on Map 0.

I finally came to the conclusion that I don't need to go beyond the Unitronic tune. The car is fast enough, and after I started chasing fractions of a second in the 1/4 mile it was not any more enjoyable to drive. I am at a point where set it and forget it is just what I need.

I do want to say that the Jb4 was a great product when I was on a stock ECU tune and IS20. Things just got less than desirable after I stacked. Different experience than APR/JB4 stack for sure.
The JB4 stack is intriguing to me but like you, I love the set and forget you get with an OTS tune.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Homelink self-dimming compass mirror engage! Picked it up used by luck on the GSW/AT Facebook buy/sell group. Really slick - I really missed a self-dimming mirror especially with all the CUVs/SUVs on the road and me sitting lower to the group. Being able to remove my ugly garage door remote is also a plus. Compass is also a nice touch to finish it off. Install was straightforward but truth be told I broke my @#$# light switch removing it for whatever reason my brain wasn't there that morning....replacement en-route from shopdap.
Did you have to the cable through the A pillar trim? I have the part here but am nervous about that part.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Did you have to the cable through the A pillar trim? I have the part here but am nervous about that part.
Yes but it's very simple, I didn't even remove it...just pulled it back and tucked it in.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Yes but it's very simple, I didn't even remove it...just pulled it back and tucked it in.
Appreciate the response! That's Interesting; I'd heard that can pose issues with the airbags in there, but glad to hear that may not be the case.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Appreciate the response! That's Interesting; I'd heard that can pose issues with the airbags in there, but glad to hear that may not be the case.
It can but you just tuck it so it doesn't!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Did you put this info somewhere else? Why did you delete it?
Not sure, have no idea what that was - are you looking for something?

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
Not sure, have no idea what that was - are you looking for something?
Yeah it was a bunch of logs and graphs comparing your car with is20 vs is38. Just wondering if you deleted because there was something wrong with your method, or if you learned something new since posting

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah it was a bunch of logs and graphs comparing your car with is20 vs is38. Just wondering if you deleted because there was something wrong with your method, or if you learned something new since posting
Thinking of downgrading? :)

tigeo

Autocross Champion
oh got it! No clue, could be the datazap site.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Bilstein B8s installed this past weekend. H&R Sport springs carried over. ~30K on springs, ~56K overall. Stock dampers honestly feel fine/normal and the mounts/bearing for the strut tops were in good shape but I replaced them anyway. Overall impression after doing some testing - just a more well-sorted/sport/touring suspension. A great upgrade and not too harsh. My biggest take-away is that the movement is just a bit more controlled which is exactly what you would expect. I DIY'd it using the 2x4 method, worked fine overall but as this was my first time, some hiccups along the way. The front drop is as it was; the rear gained 0.25" and that is likely just the overall pressure/force to compress the damper. I am looking into running the H&R rears from the fwd Sportwagen as they have less dead coils (just act like a spacer) and this would drop the car back down and likely put it even with the front.

20210327_174015.jpg
165920761_10157918873466723_6098764760722663433_o.jpg

Last edited: