GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18 x9 wheels

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I know, I run those tires, but I think OP has a GTI.
Indeed, I do. I'm going to move forward on the 9 inch wheels and will post my pics of progress. Prob won't be for a few weeks, I know you'll on all be on pins and needles.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I went ahead and bought the 18 x 9 Neuspeed wheels, based on the feedback here. It would seem they were the last 4, so its a good think I bought when I did.

I very much want to buy the Federal FZ-210M, but 265's are backordered. Considering the continuing nonsense with Covid, I would imagine there is no end in sight to this backorder. But, the 255/35/18 is available. I know they're not the sweet spot for this size rim, but what do all you wheel-geniuses think about a 255 on 9 inch rims?

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
I went ahead and bought the 18 x 9 Neuspeed wheels, based on the feedback here. It would seem they were the last 4, so its a good think I bought when I did.

I very much want to buy the Federal FZ-210M, but 265's are backordered. Considering the continuing nonsense with Covid, I would imagine there is no end in sight to this backorder. But, the 255/35/18 is available. I know they're not the sweet spot for this size rim, but what do all you wheel-geniuses think about a 255 on 9 inch rims?

It'll be fine, alternatively you can try Nankang CR-1's, they're just starting to get stocked at distributors right now.

https://philstireservice.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Nankang-CR-1-Specs.pdf

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
You guys think I would be ok with the 18x9 et45 with normal sized tires (225/40) for now? I’m lowered on Eibach sportlines. Thanks!

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
You guys think I would be ok with the 18x9 et45 with normal sized tires (225/40) for now? I’m lowered on Eibach sportlines. Thanks!
I also would like to know this. I'm looking to buy some Flow One 18x9 45 offset.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
You guys will be fine, I ended up with 19x8.5 et46 (for now) with 255/30 and it looks great but will look even better once my 5mm spacers come in

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is there a maxium tire width that has been established? For instance, I'm a big fan of Federal Tire and plan on running their FZ-210M for the start of the year. The section width of the 265 tire is 10.5.....any idea if that will fit?
I'm running 255 40 17 on 17 x 8.5 +45, 1.1" lower, with -2.3 camber front -1.6 rear. No rubbing.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I'm running 255 40 17 on 17 x 8.5 +45, 1.1" lower, with -2.3 camber front -1.6 rear. No rubbing.
I've run 265/35/18 RE71Rs, and 255/35/18 Falken 660s. Both are similarly sized, so it's the actual tread-width that matters, not the tire "size" from the manufacturer.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Okay cool. I'm looking for a definitive answer about 18x9 45 offset flowone wheels. After my current tires wear out, what tire size/tread width will look good and fit without any issues? I'm not too familiar with tire size stuff and it seems the 9 inch wheels already push it quite a bit.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Okay cool. I'm looking for a definitive answer about 18x9 45 offset flowone wheels. After my current tires wear out, what tire size/tread width will look good and fit without any issues? I'm not too familiar with tire size stuff and it seems the 9 inch wheels already push it quite a bit.
Try willtheyfit.com

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Try willtheyfit.com
Thats a pretty cool tool, buit I am not sure about the fitment on my specific car. Maybe I'm just missing something. I took a look on fitmentindustries and for the GTI it says up to 9.5 rims will fit, so I assume the 9s will do okay. My understanding is the rim isnt the issue, its the tire width. This is the part I need help comprehending as tire sizing just doesnt click in my head.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've run 265/35/18 RE71Rs, and 255/35/18 Falken 660s. Both are similarly sized, so it's the actual tread-width that matters, not the tire "size" from the manufacturer.
Absolutely agree, just giving a data point for that particular tire, rim, and ride height. Some tires run really wide, RE71R's are not one of them.