Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Installed the Aerofabb V2 lip. Replaced the Maxton V2 hoping to get some more ground clearance.

AF V2.JPG

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
You've described why I hate Great Falls Green. It just reminds me of 90's Ford's. I think it looks horrible on GTI's. Not to mention every single person who has a GFG GTI just slaps some bronze wheels on them and calls it a day.

Sorry GFG bros :(

Smith VW did a pretty cool GFG build, replacing all the red accents with gold. It's not bronze like all the others, and it's clean and well-done. Maybe you'd like that a bit more?? Or maybe you just hate GFG. That's cool. Everyone has their own pallet.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I dig the GFG myself...I'd like to see one with black rims though. While the gold and bronze work well, I think black rims would set it off.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I dig the GFG myself...I'd like to see one with black rims though. While the gold and bronze work well, I think black rims would set it off.

That's funny, I've been back and forth over scooping a set of Black or Silver Pretoria's. Ultimately I'd likely go Silver, as I am generally not big on black anything (wheels, body paint, interior). But I agree - I think black Pretoria's would look KILLER on a GFG Alltrack.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
That's funny, I've been back and forth over scooping a set of Black or Silver Pretoria's. Ultimately I'd likely go Silver, as I am generally not big on black anything (wheels, body paint, interior). But I agree - I think black Pretoria's would look KILLER on a GFG Alltrack.
Yes they would! I would love to get a set of black ones for my GTI (or any black rims for that matter).

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yes they would! I would love to get a set of black ones for my GTI (or any black rims for that matter).

eh I’ll depart from you on the “or any black rims for that matter” part lol. Only some black wheels look good. They have to have an easily discernible spoke design, otherwise you just “lose” the wheels in the wheel wells. Personal opinion, of course...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sorry you feel that way. Sure - in the hyper-nichey world of VW enthusiasts, everyone who goes GFG gets bronze wheels. But outside the super-nichey world of VW, you see maybe one of these cars a month, likely less, out on the streets. And I live in a city, where there’s an unusually high concentration of VW owners. And I could count on two hands how many GFG cars I’ve ~ever~ seen.

And I’ll even concede more:

not only did I just slap bronze wheels on, I slapped what are arguably the individually most popular aftermarket wheel for the platform, the RSE-10. And I’m a hipster type who normally avoids doing what other people do, on principle.

it still is, to me, one of the best looking cars on the road.

All of which is totally fine. That's the best thing about opinions, everyone has their own. And what your car looks like doesn't impact me one single bit. As long as you like the way it looks, that's all the matters, and I'm happy 😊

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I thought I'd like GFG, but it's just got too much variability for my taste, but I do agree that gold works really well on it. Apparently this car is local to me, but I haven't seen it around. I have no idea what's on the hood, looks like an oven mitt.

It is. But it's an artisan oven mitt, unlike all the other people driving around with regular old oven mitts.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
eh I’ll depart from you on the “or any black rims for that matter” part lol. Only some black wheels look good. They have to have an easily discernible spoke design, otherwise you just “lose” the wheels in the wheel wells. Personal opinion, of course...
No, I can agree with that. They need to have some definition so they stand out from the wheel wells. So yeah, I think I can dial back the "any black rims" statement a bit.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Love GFG but yeah when it's dirty it has enormous 90s Ford Taurus energy lol
On my home from running to the office today, I had a dark green 2017 Taurus SHO pull up next to me at a red light lol