GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Spent like 4 hours attempting to repair/fresh my front bumper/underbelly. Turns out removing the lower front valence (that’s attached to the bumper cover) is a total bitch. As usual, accomplished pretty much nothing.
Having just done this, you have to remove the bumper grill first in order to remove that lower valence (the grill attaches to the bumper after the valence does, and tabs on the lower grill actually clip into the valence piece). It’s a PITA but you can remove them both without breaking any tabs if you’re careful. A small flathead or ideally a plastic trim removal tool are super helpful.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the coolerworx shifter installed... pretty extensive install lol, even with the car on the quickjacks. With the taller shifter and Ebrake handle to deal with i couldn’t get the console back in the same way I removed it so it looks like I may have to remove the driver seat to get it in.
A1B7FD9F-0CEE-4D4D-A96C-F2AC0ACD6351.jpeg

46982FF8-5D31-4F93-99BD-1B706EF9C765.jpeg

The shifter box on the 7.5s and later 7 got a minor change Inside the box on the side to side linkage. So I had to make a spacer insert to fill the 6mm to 10mm interior void.
302093D8-8148-4796-B8B0-4BBF77670EE5.jpeg
DC5C6D02-785D-4E57-AEF2-EAFFCC11496F.jpeg

3578D7FB-49E3-4FD5-B281-D08328E97231.jpeg

Also made a ghetto little sound insulation box that will be hidden and protected above the tunnels heat shield
A47C4815-0317-422F-83D1-52E80EA9860E.jpeg

CDE18FFF-4C86-4109-B6EE-18B5832F2B34.jpeg

Here a little sample of going through the gears, This is with both the coolerworx and sigma 6 (after tests drives I may remove the sigma 6 of the shifts are too short)

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Nice work, wonder how it'll look with the center trim back on. But holy hell those are some short throws, must be fun to bang through the gears.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I installed my BFI dog bone insert and so far so good. I am digging the way the car feels with it and I am looking forward to getting more driving time in. I am also working on printing a dock for the little center console cubby....should be done in about 6 more hours

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Pics?

how are the as4’s? I got a nice short drive in them and they felt better than every summer tire I’ve driven on, except the super sports and 4s

no pics lol I’m weird, I’m obsessed with my car but have taken less than 10 pictures of it since I got it last April. I never have been one to take pics of my cars. I need to change that with this one, bc it looks too damn good not to. My gf’s brother is an media editing major and he’s into photography so I’m gonna get the bird shit off the car next weekend and take some pics with him in the daytime.

as for the AS4’s, they’re sublime. It’s funny - they’ve really brought out the squirreliness of the factory suspension. The Alltrack probably handles worse than any other factory golf, including the torsion beam rear suspension cars.

so what I’ve gained in tire, I’ve now “lost” in suspension lol, as when I put the RSB on on stock suspension + stock wheels/tires, the difference was so drastic and I really felt like it solved all the factory issues. Now, with the better tires, it almost makes the car ride worse, in the sense that the factory combo of soft sidewall, plastic all seasons + terribly under damped/sprung suspension worked together to create a numbing, isolating effect between the driver and the road. Now with communicative tires, you feel how inexcusably BAD the Alltrack stock suspension is hahahaha.

good thing I’ve got golf R springs + B6’s ready to go on come Tax return/bonus time😎🤙

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
no pics lol I’m weird, I’m obsessed with my car but have taken less than 10 pictures of it since I got it last April. I never have been one to take pics of my cars. I need to change that with this one, bc it looks too damn good not to. My gf’s brother is an media editing major and he’s into photography so I’m gonna get the bird shit off the car next weekend and take some pics with him in the daytime.

as for the AS4’s, they’re sublime. It’s funny - they’ve really brought out the squirreliness of the factory suspension. The Alltrack probably handles worse than any other factory golf, including the torsion beam rear suspension cars.

so what I’ve gained in tire, I’ve now “lost” in suspension lol, as when I put the RSB on on stock suspension + stock wheels/tires, the difference was so drastic and I really felt like it solved all the factory issues. Now, with the better tires, it almost makes the car ride worse, in the sense that the factory combo of soft sidewall, plastic all seasons + terribly under damped/sprung suspension worked together to create a numbing, isolating effect between the driver and the road. Now with communicative tires, you feel how inexcusably BAD the Alltrack stock suspension is hahahaha.

good thing I’ve got golf R springs + B6’s ready to go on come Tax return/bonus time😎🤙
Really good tires really do show a car’s weak spots easily. That’s for sure.

I’m gonna guess it’s the alltrack’s weight. More than anything else. What’s cool is, I understand a ton of R stuff fits the alltrack.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Really good tires really do show a car’s weak spots easily. That’s for sure.

I’m gonna guess it’s the alltrack’s weight. More than anything else. What’s cool is, I understand a ton of R stuff fits the alltrack.

Yup. That’s the whole reason I got it man. I paid 25.5K for my car and by time I’m done, I’ll have spent about 40K all-in for my own, custom-built “R-Track” wagon that outperforms a 40K-new Golf R hatch. For an R owner to exceed the performance my car will have, would require an additional 5-10K of investment to get it where my car is. So ultimately I’m spending less for more car than Golf R buyers, it just takes a lot more effort. But that’s part of the whole journey.

Current build:
RSB, Stage 1, wheels/tires, paint protection and tint, and some grey mudflaps that go really well with the aluminum cladding, and Helix sub.

Near-future upgrades:
OEM VW Underseal, Golf R springs, B6’s, and OEM strut mounts with Eurosport camber inserts, APR open intake

distant future upgrades:
Golf R DP, IS20 w/ EQT custom tune (with AWD, I prefer the low/mid-range punch of the IS20 over the top end of the IS38. I have no use for power above 5.5/6K RPMs, that’s “lose your license” territory), TTRS clutch, wavetrac, APR intercooler. Probably all the turbo intake/exhaust mods too.

cosmetic upgrades:
1. Possible 7.5 GTI GFG bumper, for the LED strakes. I like the 7.5 GTI bumper more than any other OEM 7.5 golf bumper, thoughhhh I do like the Alltrack’s plenty and switching to GTI would definitely require some work to retain the overall balance of the rest of the Alltrack’s aluminum and black plastic cladding. This is a big “maybe.” I probably won’t do it, it depends on how bored I get and how long I own the car lol.
2. Golf R steering wheel with beefed up leather, and hopefully a 2015-2017 analog Golf R gauge cluster
3. SEL Marrakesh seats.

regardless, as it currently sits I’d take my GFG Alltrack w/ grey mudflaps and flush bronze wheels over any VW, in sheer looks. I can’t wait to get some pics up lol it’s absolutely killer.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yup. That’s the whole reason I got it man. I paid 25.5K for my car and by time I’m done, I’ll have spent about 40K all-in for my own, custom-built “R-Track” wagon that outperforms a 40K-new Golf R hatch. For an R owner to exceed the performance my car will have, would require an additional 5-10K of investment to get it where my car is. So ultimately I’m spending less for more car than Golf R buyers, it just takes a lot more effort. But that’s part of the whole journey.

Current build:
RSB, Stage 1, wheels/tires, paint protection and tint, and some grey mudflaps that go really well with the aluminum cladding, and Helix sub.

Near-future upgrades:
OEM VW Underseal, Golf R springs, B6’s, and OEM strut mounts with Eurosport camber inserts, APR open intake

distant future upgrades:
Golf R DP, IS20 w/ EQT custom tune (with AWD, I prefer the low/mid-range punch of the IS20 over the top end of the IS38. I have no use for power above 5.5/6K RPMs, that’s “lose your license” territory), TTRS clutch, wavetrac, APR intercooler. Probably all the turbo intake/exhaust mods too.

Possible cosmetic upgrade:
Possible 7.5 GTI GFG bumper, for the LED strakes. I like the 7.5 GTI bumper more than any other OEM 7.5 golf bumper, thoughhhh I do like the Alltrack’s plenty and switching to GTI would definitely require some work to retain the overall balance of the rest of the Alltrack’s aluminum and black plastic cladding. This is a big “maybe.” I probably won’t do it, it depends on how bored I get and how long I own the car lol.

regardless, as it currently sits I’d take my GFG Alltrack w/ grey mudflaps and flush bronze wheels over any VW, in sheer looks. I can’t wait to get some pics up lol it’s absolutely killer.
I saw one at the rally x. She looked like a mean ass battle wagon

cant wait to see yours finished! I really want one myself.