GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Apex has a damage replacement policy... And is less likely to get damaged in the first place. Use the track wheels for the track!

This x100!

We have our APEX 360 50% replacement program specifically for situations such as these. We want to see our customers using APEX wheels for what they were designed for, which is being hammered on out at the track! If you do happen to have an "oops moment" that results in some sort of wheel damage, we've got you covered.

@APEXWheels assuming you guys might have some 3D models of the wheels by now, any chance we can get an unofficial-rough-guesstimate weight for some of these options? Obviously nothing is final until first hard parts are available for measurement, but I imagine that could help out a bit

We do have the estimated weights for these wheels but we are not going to release those numbers at this time. We have learned our lesson with previous new wheel releases, and it is always better to wait until the first samples arrive to ensure we do not over promise and under deliver. There are too many variables with manufacturing and paint that are difficult to accurately estimate weights for. We feel that it is much more genuine to physically weigh the wheels once they arrive to get true real-world figures.

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
We are still on the lookout for some more track-focused MK7 GTI and R examples local to the Bay Area for photoshoots, renders, and future fitment testing. If anyone has any leads or would like to volunteer their car, please feel free to PM us on here or send an email to geirsen@apexraceparts.com.

We are specifically looking for any modified vehicles that see regular track time. Any assistance with this search would be greatly appreciated!

-Geirsen

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Hey Geirsen,

Any updates on timeline? When are you getting in your test samples?

When are orders/group buy going live?

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
We are still on the lookout for some more track-focused MK7 GTI and R examples local to the Bay Area for photoshoots, renders, and future fitment testing. If anyone has any leads or would like to volunteer their car, please feel free to PM us on here or send an email to geirsen@apexraceparts.com.

We are specifically looking for any modified vehicles that see regular track time. Any assistance with this search would be greatly appreciated!

-Geirsen

Do you still have my email address, Geirsen?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf

-Geirsen
I am not local to your area, but I do track my car. Anything I can help with, please let me know.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey Geirsen,

Any updates on timeline? When are you getting in your test samples?

When are orders/group buy going live?

The timeline is still on track from my previous updates. The manufacturing tooling for the new wheels is just about finished up and the first sample wheels should be completed within the coming weeks. They should arrive around late November, which is when we will start reaching out to those who have graciously volunteered their cars to help with test fitments and photoshoots.

We plan to hold off on the first Group Buy until after the holidays. We are aiming to launch around late January/early February to ensure everyone will get their new wheels right before the weather starts to warm back up in Spring.

Do you still have my email address, Geirsen?

Sure do! I handed your info off to our marketing team, so they can add it to our lead list for test fitments and photoshoots. They will reach out once we get the first sample wheels in.

I am not local to your area, but I do track my car. Anything I can help with, please let me know.

I appreciate the offer! At this time, we are mainly focusing on finding vehicles local to our office. However, I will add your username to our lead list for future reference.

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
@APEXWheels Any update on when the group buy will start?

We are still on track to launch the Group Buy in early 2021. Currently, we are aiming for the end of January/ beginning of February to kick things off.

On a side note, I just received confirmation that the first batch of sample wheels have officially shipped out from the factory. We should be getting those shortly, which means we will have a ton of new content to share with you guys leading into the Holidays. Stay tuned!

-Geirsen

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Sure do! I handed your info off to our marketing team, so they can add it to our lead list for test fitments and photoshoots. They will reach out once we get the first sample wheels in.

-Geirsen

Better scratch me back off your list, Geirsen. As of last Saturday the R is gone, replaced by a 981 CGTS (without added camber at this time).

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
We are still on track to launch the Group Buy in early 2021. Currently, we are aiming for the end of January/ beginning of February to kick things off.

On a side note, I just received confirmation that the first batch of sample wheels have officially shipped out from the factory. We should be getting those shortly, which means we will have a ton of new content to share with you guys leading into the Holidays. Stay tuned!

-Geirsen

Hey!

Sample wheels photos......?? What is the latest news update?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey!

Sample wheels photos......?? What is the latest news update?

We just received the first two sample wheels earlier this week! The holidays delayed shipping times a bit, so we won't be expecting the rest of the samples to arrive for another week or two. While we are waiting on those to show up, we will be getting some standalone photography of the samples we have in hand, as well as an official weigh-in for the wheels. We plan to start photoshoots and fitment tests following the New Year since schedules can be a bit hectic during the holidays.

With that being said, we will be sharing a ton of media content, as well as the official specs for these wheels leading into the new year!

-Geirsen

bfury5

Autocross Champion
We just received the first two sample wheels earlier this week! The holidays delayed shipping times a bit, so we won't be expecting the rest of the samples to arrive for another week or two. While we are waiting on those to show up, we will be getting some standalone photography of the samples we have in hand, as well as an official weigh-in for the wheels. We plan to start photoshoots and fitment tests following the New Year since schedules can be a bit hectic during the holidays.

With that being said, we will be sharing a ton of media content, as well as the official specs for these wheels leading into the new year!

-Geirsen
Hey Geirsen,

Just poking to see if there are any updates. Although it's only January, I know I'm already eager for spring track events here in the Northeast and that early April is going to be here before I know it. Thanks in advance!