GOLFMKV

Security Certificate Expired

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
exactly it just means the data transmitted across the site is not protected. however if the website was compromised or there was a man in the middle attack, a hacker could get your login credentials when trying to login to an unsecure website or site with an expired cert. but then again i never use important passwords for forums anyways. as @IWMTom mentioned its clear the admins or whoever run the page clearly arent always present :(
I use a unique password for every site I have so a hacker is welcome to capture my login info for this site. I hope if one does he or she is a GTI enthusiast. Maybe they can help with my posts. 😂

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Without that, one needs to assume that there is more going on.
Why are you still logging in and posting then??!!

exactly it just means the data transmitted across the site is not protected.
Pretty sure data transmitted is not affected by an expired certificate. All it means is, the certificate isn't valid. If there is any reason to fear you're not actually connected to golfmk7, you should be concerned.

Last edited:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Pretty sure data transmitted is not affected by an expired certificate. All it means is, the certificate isn't valid. If there is any reason to fear you're not actually connected to golfmk7, you should be concerned.

yup i was mistaken

cb1111

Why are you still logging in and posting then??!!

Because I know that I'm still connected to the same site, but there may be other issues we don't know about yet. We may find out if the domain expires.

It takes a few keystrokes and a credit card to renew the cert(s). Why is it taking days?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
At least the problem isn't so bad on my pc at home, it never blocks me from going to the site. It's pretty bad at work though, and I'm using the same browser with the same settings. It blocks me every time I click on a link.

cb1111

At least the problem isn't so bad on my pc at home, it never blocks me from going to the site. It's pretty bad at work though, and I'm using the same browser with the same settings. It blocks me every time I click on a link.
Then your work has (semi) correct policies in place, but you need to fix your home PC. If you aren't getting messages for this then you need to change your security settings.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Your work computer has better security software.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Then your work has (semi) correct policies in place, but you need to fix your home PC. If you aren't getting messages for this then you need to change your security settings.

I was, but I've gone into the site settings and allowed insecure content on golfmk6 and golfmk7. It didn't seem to work on my pc at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.