GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I went looking for a mk7.5 -- I really wanted the LSD, plaid seats, and the 6MT. I've wanted one since I was a kid. Well in November things came together, and with a $4500 down payment, I drove from central PA to Ohio to buy a 2019 GTI S in White Silver, $23858 OTD with no trade in, and 2.54% financing. For only being a year old and ~13k on the clock, I felt it was the right time. About a month in (now) and I have zero regrets -- I know a lot of folks prefer the DSG due to faster shifts and better ability to hold power, but I honestly don't feel the car needs any more power, and the handling is simply sublime.

I did shortly after purchase install the 034Motorsport Insuction kit (TIP, accordion hose replacement, and high flow filter) and the CTS turbo muffler delete, and I have a new set of headlights from BEC on the way in Golf R flavor, and have covered the red exterior accents with red vinyl. Bought from Bob Boyd CDJR, the process was easy enough to do remotely with minimal haggling. I looked at a couple other options including Vroom (online-only dealer) and one in MD, but the Maryland dealer wanted to add another ~$3700 in fees, putting their 2018 far out of my budget, and the Vroom option didn't sit well with me, since I wouldn't get to inspect the car ahead of time. Thankfully though I was able to use competitor's pricing to get the sales guy to come down on price, and I'm extraordinarily happy with my purchase.

happy for you man! I always like to hear people say they think stock GTI power is sufficient. It really is. I almost lost my license on a stock power GTI. That’s one of many reasons I’m in an Alltrack now lol, I appreciate slow cars bc I can’t trust myself with fast ones...

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I come from a long line of slow cars... Lots of mk4 8vs, currently my autocross car is a moderately modified 8v which is being set up for boost. I also have a Mazda3 with the 2.5, it's a real hoot and has plenty of power for the street. The GTI is almost (almost) too much, I really don't get too many opportunities to run it out to redline.

In any case, modern power is amazing, the car is effortless to throw around and I'm becoming increasingly enticed to take it to an out-of-region autocross event to stretch the legs and get a bit familiar. All of my other cars I've always felt needed upgrades to be 'perfect' by my definition, but this is the first machine that I really have no major gripes with.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
agree with power levels. The speeds at which you can drive modern cars is silly. The GTI can feel fast at a reasonable speed. It still will get you into trouble but you don't have to drive "Go directly to Jail" fast to have fun. Enjoy the rides folks

Mud

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I come from a long line of slow cars... Lots of mk4 8vs, currently my autocross car is a moderately modified 8v which is being set up for boost. I also have a Mazda3 with the 2.5, it's a real hoot and has plenty of power for the street. The GTI is almost (almost) too much, I really don't get too many opportunities to run it out to redline.

Well said. I recently upgraded from a 2005 Mazda 3s with the 2.3L to a 2020 GTI SE, both with manual transmissions. The GTI feels like a rocket in comparison. Oh, and I just noticed that the Jan 2021 Car & Driver put the GTI on their '10 Best List' for the 15th consecutive year. Not too shabby.

My deal can be seen on post #2855. Not as good as some but maybe a bit better than average.

jdmwol2ks

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (To be)
Thinking I may pull the trigger on a brand new 2020 DSG S. Price before tax and license is $23.7k (after is about $26k, but that's because California has high taxes). Any thoughts? Was hoping to get one around 22.5k, but maybe hard in the SF Bay Area. Can't wait to get this puppy so I can start tracking it!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Thinking I may pull the trigger on a brand new 2020 DSG S. Price before tax and license is $23.7k (after is about $26k, but that's because California has high taxes). Any thoughts? Was hoping to get one around 22.5k, but maybe hard in the SF Bay Area. Can't wait to get this puppy so I can start tracking it!

being in Cali, and with the lower volume on GTI’s that’s about as good as you’ll get. Do it. Enjoy

infiniteend

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
12/28 purchased - CPO 2018 Golf R DSG w/ 15.7k miles for $35,500 before taxes and fees (ONLY DMV FEES - I made sure of that shit.) Had to use dealer financing 3.64% via TD auto (had prequalified BoA 2.9% but the difference at the end of the 5-year term - or shorter if I overpay, wasn't worth arguing with them that "i HaD tO UsE dEaLEr FiNanCInG fOr tHiS pRiCE")

This was the first car I bought on my own, previously owned a '12 accord in college (parents negotiated that deal for me) and from then on leased a '15 WRX and an '18 S4 (while sharing the family SUVs and 550i for a few years). It was kind of an interesting experience for getting this car, I looked at one in Westborough, MA first (4k miles, also CPO but they wouldn't budge on $41.3K before taxes and fees). It was highly stressful though and what I've learned is you need to have the stamina for all the BS sales tactics they throw at you and stick to your guns.

Haven't shot much pics yet but here's one:

139607681_2843511019219929_4861886769498674213_n.png

jdmwol2ks

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (To be)
being in Cali, and with the lower volume on GTI’s that’s about as good as you’ll get. Do it. Enjoy

Thanks! I was able to get a dealer to beat it and paid a tad under $23k before tax and license on a 2020 DSG S in the SF Bay Area. I think that'll probably be the best I can find with only maybe a $300-500 more discount if I waited til dealers were selling their last one. I was able to pick from a handful of cars on the lot and i'm glad i did, because some remaining stock didn't look too great!

jdmwol2ks

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (To be)
Guessing thats a question for me...they said they were losing a lot of money on the sale, which was probably true (but not as much as they exaggerated), but it felt like a sales tactic almost to make me feel like I was getting a really good deal. Either way, it was close to what I wanted to pay, so happy camper here! Just ready to enjoy the car!

slaycity278

Car(s)
VW GTI S
Could be true. I lobbied pretty hard and was told they were barely making money on the deal. I was also told they applied a "$250 manufacturer cerfificatie to get to the price, which they only get 2 per month" (unsure if that's true or tactic. Probably tactic? But another dealership had said the same thing once, so it's possible.

In anycase, my car total (inclusive of dealership and destination fees, but not including tax, title, registratoin, was about $23,990 (25K OTD), bought bid December, so it sounds like you got even better, a little bit later in the year.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
2021 GTI Autobahn, 6-Speed Manual, Dark Iron Blue Metallic

$36,945 Base MSRP
$659 in options
$995 destination
$38,599 Total MSRP

$4,308 off MSRP (including doc fee)

$34,291 before TTL

Appeared to be the best price around. Not much inventory to negotiate between dealers.

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been hearing that deals are tough right now and will get worse in the short term. Used car prices are high too. Will have to wait until the mk8 arrives to try to get a good deal...

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
2021 GTI Autobahn, 6-Speed Manual, Dark Iron Blue Metallic

$36,945 Base MSRP
$659 in options
$995 destination
$38,599 Total MSRP

$4,308 off MSRP (including doc fee)

$34,291 before TTL

Appeared to be the best price around. Not much inventory to negotiate between dealers.
Would absolutely pass on this if you haven't already...

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
Would absolutely pass on this if you haven't already...
I bought it! Got an additional $500 off for first responder discount.

$38,599 Total MSRP
$4,808 off MSRP
$33,791 before TTL

$3,201 under Invoice ($36,992)

I had been looking for this configuration and color since late last year, before any 2021's had arrived to the US.

Of the ~2,400, 2021 GTI's available in the US (according to cars.com), there are only ~100 that are Autobahn and 6-Speed manual. Only ~10 are DIB. Only 2 were under 500 miles from where I live before I purchased mine.

One reason I bought now was I am not sure about supply for the rest of the year, as the VW Puebla plant stopped making regular Golfs last month, and there is a current chip shortage, slowing down production of at least the Jetta at that VW plant. And with new MK8's scheduled to arrive sometime later this year, didn't know for how long the MK7's would continue to be manufactured.