GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone mount

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
I want to get a dogbone mount/insert to avoid wheel hop. any insight about which insert is the best for street driving/longevity would be appreciated. In addition to that, is anyone aware of a correspondence between build date and the 2 different versions/types of mounts or do I need to pshysically check which version mount my car uses? If there’s already a thread discussing this (I assume there is) would someone point me in that direction?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
BFI insert, and record a video of your insert revision. Just lay your phone on cardboard and slide it under the car to verify.

I’ve been running a BFI stage 2 insert in my personal car for over 95k miles now issue free.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Second the Powerflex hybrid as well. It fills the void in the mount that’s above the subframe as well as replacing the mushy factory lower one. If you want to do something less destructive (you have to take the OEM puck out) try the BFI out, which is just an insert.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Powerflex also has an insert that has the same design as BFI’s Stage 2 insert, but Powerflex’s insert is offered in 3 durometers (55 - Red, diesel. 65 - Yellow, Stage 1. and I think 75-80 - Purple, Stage 2). BFI’s Stage 2 insert is only offered in one durometer, 85A I believe.

BFI’s Stage 1 insert sucks and doesn’t reach to the upper bushing voids.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7