GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR Springs Review (Visual on stock wheels/shocks)

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Hello Everyone!

Here is a video review explaining what the vwr springs look like, and drive like when combo with factory wheels and shocks. The wheels in this video are VW Pretoria's but still the same spec as your traditional Austin wheels. This is to give those of you a more direct visual of how these springs will change the aesthetic and can still be applied to wider aftermarket wheels.

I like to describe this to others as an "oem+" setup but let me now what you think!

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Hello Everyone!

Here is a video review explaining what the vwr springs look like, and drive like when combo with factory wheels and shocks. The wheels in this video are VW Pretoria's but still the same spec as your traditional Austin wheels. This is to give those of you a more direct visual of how these springs will change the aesthetic and can still be applied to wider aftermarket wheels.

I like to describe this to others as an "oem+" setup but let me now what you think!

Looks good, I might look at these over the EMD’s I have.

Unrelated, how did you mount your accessport?

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Hello Everyone!

Nice review! I do love those headlights. I am still on the fence with lowering springs. I don’t want to go too aggressive either due to the amount of potholes and such around here. I also don’t want the ride to be any harsher than it is stock. I almost picked up a set of VWR’s a few months ago but got sidetracked lol Guess i could always pick up an older set of DG springs lol

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
This review prompted me to go ahead and order the VWR Spring/Damper kit. Car has been on stock springs and dampers for a little over a year with the Superpro Strut tops and as much as I enjoy the benefits of the added negative camber they provide, the NVH has been getting worse over the past few months. Going to install the VWR set with a strut top refresh kit using factory parts. The drop of the VWR set combined with my Superpro LCA’s should give me a decent negative camber.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I'm still on the fence about whether to install the Racingline or Neuspeed Sport springs? I have both sets of springs already, and will keep my stock DCC dampers. I have the Neuspeed rear ARB installed, and just ordered the front ARB. I'm leaning toward the Racingline springs at the moment, since Racingline touts them being designed for compatibility with VAG's Adjust Chassis Control. The review helps, thanks!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The Neuspeed spring rate is marginally stiffer than stock.

"Original GTI Spring Rate: Front - 175 lbs/in, Rear - 230 lbs/in"
  • NEUSPEED Front Spring Rate: 260 lbs/in
  • NEUSPEED Rear Spring Rate: 290 lbs/in

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
The Neuspeed spring rate is marginally stiffer than stock.

"Original GTI Spring Rate: Front - 175 lbs/in, Rear - 230 lbs/in"
  • NEUSPEED Front Spring Rate: 260 lbs/in
  • NEUSPEED Rear Spring Rate: 290 lbs/in
LOL, yep but they are also dual rate progressive springs, so over smoother pavement or light to moderate cornering the spring rate is much lower. I do think they lower the car slightly more than the Racingline springs though.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Racingline says 20 to 30mm drop for their springs depending on vehicle and equipment. I think the OP's review said maybe an inch drop.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
https://www.racingline.com/sport-springs

VWR31G7GT is the part number for the spring kit I have from Racingline. Their website says 20 to 30mm drop, and most reviews I've seen say close to 25mm on the GTI.

1609290935469.png

Correction, for the MK7.5 application the Racingline site states 20-25mm lowering. This is the second time today I've heard of a reseller site listing different specs for springs than the manufacturers' site...

Last edited:

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I’ll chime in once the install is complete and settled.
You might want to consider the Euro Sport street camber kit and Whiteline front roll center/camber correction kit to get back some of your negative camber without the the added NVH of the SuperPro strut mounts?

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
This review prompted me to go ahead and order the VWR Spring/Damper kit. Car has been on stock springs and dampers for a little over a year with the Superpro Strut tops and as much as I enjoy the benefits of the added negative camber they provide, the NVH has been getting worse over the past few months. Going to install the VWR set with a strut top refresh kit using factory parts. The drop of the VWR set combined with my Superpro LCA’s should give me a decent negative camber.
I have no regrets with mine. One thing I didn’t mention in the review is that they do creak a bit when turning in a parking lot. It’s nothing crazy though and only hear it when music is off/quiet