GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have experience with updated Ohlins road and track kit?

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Awesome, thanks! Just ordered the MT-21 kit and will go ahead and get those springs from PSI.

On another subject, I didn't see any mention of lower control arms or bushings in your mods list. Is this for auto-x class compliance or have you upgraded bushing/LCAs?

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Awesome, thanks! Just ordered the MT-21 kit and will go ahead and get those springs from PSI.

On another subject, I didn't see any mention of lower control arms or bushings in your mods list. Is this for auto-x class compliance or have you upgraded bushing/LCAs?
I mod things based on bang for the buck.

Bushings, if still good, are low on the list. 2nd to last, right in front of chassis bracing.

1 exception, is an offset bushing for the front lower arm, which is on the list to purchase soon, for more front camber.

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I mod things based on bang for the buck.

Bushings, if still good, are low on the list. 2nd to last, right in front of chassis bracing.

1 exception, is an offset bushing for the front lower arm, which is on the list to purchase soon, for more front camber.
Which offset bushing are you considering? Looks like superpro has two products, but neither mention camber, just caster improvement. Their full aluminum control arms seems to offer camber so can't tell if that's due to the design of the arms or just the bushings?

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Anyone know how many clicks of adjustment the Ohlins should have? I just intalled my r&ts today along with CSS spindles. Up front I counted 30 clicks from full soft to full stiff. On the rear shock if I set it at full stiff, I can count 74 clicks going counter clockwise. After 74, it can keep spinning, but without any noticeable clicks. I stopped at that point as it didn't seem right. Think something is wrong with the shocks or does that sound somewhat normal?

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Another possible cause for concern. It seems on the passenger side my sway bar endlink does slightly contact the sway bar mounting tab on the shock. Anyone else experience this with the oem endlinks?

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
20210130_182513.jpg

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yeah the endlink tab design made me scratch my head. I don't see why it needs to extend down so far. Maybe some trimming will solve the issue. A bit disappointed for the price :/

I will say though that from my brief impression so far, they seem to ride and handle pretty darn well.

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
@xXDavidCXx, I see in this photo of yours you have the sway bar endlink oriented opposite of the stock design on the passenger side. Is this the cure for the clearance issue I'm experiencing or did you do this for a different reason?
IMG_3381.JPEG

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Anyone know how many clicks of adjustment the Ohlins should have? I just intalled my r&ts today along with CSS spindles. Up front I counted 30 clicks from full soft to full stiff. On the rear shock if I set it at full stiff, I can count 74 clicks going counter clockwise. After 74, it can keep spinning, but without any noticeable clicks. I stopped at that point as it didn't seem right. Think something is wrong with the shocks or does that sound somewhat normal?
So from fully closed, anything past 20-clicks does nothing To soften any further. I think I got to about 27/28 on one or two of my adjusters.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Another possible cause for concern. It seems on the passenger side my sway bar endlink does slightly contact the sway bar mounting tab on the shock. Anyone else experience this with the oem endlinks?
You need adjustable front endlinks.

Anything less than -2 degrees front camber. You should be ok with SuperPro endlinks.

More than that, I’d consider PowerGrid endlinks they are slimmer in profile and won’t contact the inner fender. My SuperPros made very slight contact with the inner fender at -2.5 degrees front camber.

For reference I currently have CSS swivel, 018k SuperPro LCA and Vorshlag camber plates. I really like my Ohlins. Great dual duty coilover.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Don't spin the adjuster past the clicks, you may damage the internals.