GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
This is pretty cool, the hatch pop kits with uprated struts suck, so this is definitely a better option although much harder to install.

I had hatch pop struts on my golf r, I will not install them on my gti.

riambink

Passed Driver's Ed
After waiting a month, my kit finally came in. Not crazy about the button on the steering column...I’m wondering if it’s possible to retrofit a button on the driver’s side door that connects to the door module.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
I've done this mod - I purchased this kit:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUj7jw8

again a nice mod for the MK7!

why didn’t you choose this kit? -> https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPDcXip

the main difference in my opinion is no seperate system for unlocking, as all goes in the hatch (more OEM look)?

secondly, could you enlight us about connecting the module to the car? As im doubting between side assist and electric tailgate.

really appreciated!

58D6FF7A-0A00-437D-A829-9FFF708E7161.png

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
again a nice mod for the MK7!

why didn’t you choose this kit? -> https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPDcXip

the main difference in my opinion is no seperate system for unlocking, as all goes in the hatch (more OEM look)?

secondly, could you enlight us about connecting the module to the car? As im doubting between side assist and electric tailgate.

really appreciated!

View attachment 195053
That's for a Golf SV.

Nevertheless, the kit looks more or less the same.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
That's for a Golf SV.

Nevertheless, the kit looks more or less the same.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: More or less, will take a look of the connection of GOLF SV and my estate/variant) I requested the PDF, connecting seems straight forward and looks easier to install vs the install of side assist (think of combining them). Everything looks straightforward except for the part below. Do you need to add one can wire or two?

E7E8E49C-2654-4BD1-9E6B-43BD0BF3FF99.png

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: More or less, I requested the PDF, connecting seems straight forward and easier than to install than lane or side assist. Except for the part below. Do you need to add one can wire or two?

View attachment 195084
Don't buy a kit for a Golf SV if you don't have a Golf SV.

As for your screenshot, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at... My kit got its CAN from the steering wheel (plug and play).

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Don't buy a kit for a Golf SV if you don't have a Golf SV.

As for your screenshot, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at... My kit got its CAN from the steering wheel (plug and play).

-have asked the seller, specifically if he sells one for the variant/estate MK7.

the difference between the two versions are electric suction will investigate further 👀

- (See Link http://changyi-china.com.cn/download-category/download/) is the connection from the CAN @ steering wheel a must or will any CAN connection work? (See installation steps 03/04, which only states connect to orange brown which is CAN- and connect to green, which in my opinion is no CAN.

~Orange blue =infotainment /convenient 0,1mb
~Orange black = drivetrain 1mb
~orange white = extended 1mb
Orange green = comfort
~orange brown = minus

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
-have asked the seller, specifically if he sells one for the variant/estate MK7.

the difference between the two versions are electric suction will investigate further 👀

- (See PDF) is the connection from the CAN @ steering wheel a must or will any CAN connection work? (See installation steps 03/04, which only states connect to orange brown which is CAN- and connect to green, which in my opinion is no CAN.

~Orange blue =infotainment /convenient 0,1mb
~Orange black = drivetrain 1mb
~orange white = extended 1mb
Orange green = comfort
~orange brown = minus
Your PDF doesn't seem to be working.

Not sure how the thing would shut properly without "electric suction".

If the kit is decent it should have a plug and play piggyback for the CAN at the steering wheel. Unplug connection, connect to new loom, new loom connects to existing steering wheel port.

Green sounds like power.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
just got word from alie seller, it won’t fit.
There’s a mr fix @ youtube, which also wants to add electric tailgate he claims the estate/variant mk7 is the same base as the octavia -> will be continued...

Sorry for stalking, but does the boot also opens and close manually? In case of heavy load in trunk on holidays?

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
just got word from alie seller, it won’t fit.

Sorry for stalking, but does the boot also opens and close manually? In case of heavy load in trunk on holidays?

Secondly, can you recall if you had 40cm / 25inch left in spare cable?
Not without pulling the fuse.

Spare cable where exactly?

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Not without pulling the fuse.

Spare cable where exactly?
Too bad for the manual function

Spare as in extra extra length, the difference between the estate and regular mk7 is around 40cm. Still waiting on the confirmation if the base of the octavia is the same as the estate